Top critical review
21 people found this helpful
Good but exciting like OnePlus One?...No
on 22 September 2018
Over the years I have used Onplus 1, 3, 5 and now got 6.
For reviewing only OnePlus 6
- Battery backup is good, has 25-30% juice left by end of day under normal usage (Calls, 4g, WiFi, Bluetooth, gaming etc combined).
- Dual 4G Volte is supported.
- Display can be very bright and colors are vibrant. Not less than any premium display.
- Oxygen OS as fast and snappy as ever. Updates and patches are on time
- I use Airtel and Jio, full signal bars most of the volte.
- Crystal clear voice when calls are connected over volte in HD.
- Excellent Camera and OIS.
- Above average design but not unique.
- Medium size notch
- Blocking bottom speaker will not cut off sound completely.
- Soft Back cover, Screen guard came along.
- Dash charger works like it did for previous ones.
So one can't go wrong at all with this One unless you get a faultly piece. But I am worried that I don't feel I am getting enough for its price vs what OnePlus 1 or even OnePlus 3 offered for their price.
Ofcourse every year OnePlus will come out with latest processor and will definitely have Oxygen OS with steep increase in its pricing but that is not what I can say as 'Never Settle'. Maintaining just standard level of latest specs doesn't match its motto. Need something extra, something unique, out of the box kind that others can't even think to offer to bring that excitement back and to justify increase in price. Adding features piece by piece with every 6 month is not very compelling.
Now even good brands are coming up with similar specs in similar or lower price.
Before this I got to use Asus Zenfone 5z for few months and I must say it was awesome. Charged as fast as OnePlus, has Dual Volte, their Zen UI is as fast and snappy as Oxyzen OS but at the same time their are lot features inbuit like Phone Manager. Display is less bright but more punchy, Camera is not as good as that of OnePlus 6 but the secondary camera really bring some difference by wide angle shots. AI feature they use is helpful in many things charging slowly overnight and increasing battery life or in short everything I could think of I needed after coming from OnePlus 5 was available and much more. I am not saying it was perfect, face unlock was very slow and didn't work most of the times but still it had FM radio, came with a nice earphone and after having these all it is priced 5k less, weights 20g lesser and heavy discount are available on it from time to time.
I really hope OnePlus does something different in future release or it will be taken over by good brands offering more in less price.