Top positive review
Siemens dishwasher: my review
11 June 2018
I am a proud owner of Siemens make dishwasher for last 4+ years. I don't remember exactly the model number but image is attached for reference.
Having frustrating experience of maid servants ( wad fed up with cleaning vessels after office works),decided to go for dishwasher. I brought this one from brick and mortar store..Concept of dishwashers was not much popular at that time(still is not).
But I m not regretting my decision.
I will try to answer all the queries and questions of prospective buyers as I feel m having enough experience (4+ years).
I m using it regularly(everyday)..And haven't hired a maid for cleaning utensils then.
We are family of four. I m having a cooking habit to cook afresh at three times(break fast, lunch and dinner)
Usability in Indian cooking condition
1. I found no problem cleaning kadhais, cookers and other sticky vessels like kadhai used for cooking ghee provided some precleaning is done.
2. Plastic vessel (except flimsy plastic) can be cleaned without any issue.
3. Plastic, glass and steel can be loaded in dishwasher in the same cleaning cycle... Separate cleaning cycles are not required.
4. Although it is not recommended to use aluminum pans cleaned in dishwasher, i have sometimes tried it..Found blackening of aluminum material..Except that no harmful effect have been found.
12 plate size sufficient?
1.12 place setting capacity. This means it has room for 12 dinner plates, 12 soup plates, 12 tea cups and saucers, 12 dessert plates, 12 tumblers, 12 individual knives, forks, soup spoons, teaspoons and dessert spoons.
2. I use it regularly once a day..And occasionally twice.
3.12 plate setting dishwasher suffices for family of 2 without hassle if u are using once in a day. For family of 3 need to wash few vessels by hand if used once in a day. For family of four u can load it twice a day or wash few vessels by hand.
However it is subject to conditions..Your cooking habits.
4. If you expect number of guest, i feel dishwashers are not suitable. Coz lot of time will be required for loading and unloading.
1. For milk vessel : need to be immersed in water for 10/15 minutes.
2. Need to remove food particles from all the
plates and vessels.
3. Sticky kadhai and vessels need to be scrubbed before loading.
Loading time: only 5 to 7 minutes
Cleaning time once loaded: depending on program. My dishwasher is having four programs,
Quick: 29 minutes
Auto: 2 house 40 minutes
Eco 3+ hours
And other program for extremely dirty vessels.(70 degree)
No repairing/ servicing required for last 4 years.