Top critical review
18 October 2017
I bought this for Rs 1419/- in a lightening deal & following are my observations.
In the box:
- PD102 watch
- User manual and warranty card.
This is a normal digital watch with added pedometer function ( Measures steps, Dist, Speed and calories burnt). No fancy feature of bluetooth connectivity or touchscreen.
- Watch looks durable with a good big display and the strap is is good quality too.
- Besides pedometer it has other functions like alarm, timer,stopwatch are present like in a standard digital watch.
- Pedometer can be switched ON/OFF to save battery when not in use, complete watch can also be turned off. Battery capacity is approx 10 months as mentioned on the box.
- Very easy to set up. There is a leaflet provided with diagram instructions which is very easy to follow.
- Distance measured is inaccurate. During setup one has to input stride length (Distance of each step). I had initially put my stride length as walk-60cm, run-75cm. The watch accurately calculated number of steps and multiplies it by stride length to give distance covered (Dependant on whichever mode one chooses, run or walk). On first dayi went on my fix jog route of 4kms but on completion the watch showed 2.8kms, I tried 2 more times by changing the stride length but the distance covered was still inaccurate. so sadly returning this watch.
- if you jog for a while then walk then jog, it is incinvenient to stop everytime and switch between modes.
- The backlight illumination is a bit dim.
- Lacks a heart rate sensor but can't really complain at this price.
VERDICT - If you are looking for a decent looking digital watch with added function of measuring steps then go for it. If anything more then better to skip it.