Top positive review
which is best to have in AC
26 April 2017
I wanted to purchase a Window AC for my kids room, and was looking to buy it online, one of my motivation was to get the AC as cheap as possible while not sacrificing quality much. Now since this AC will be used mostly only during the night hence I was not looking for 5 Star rated AC, since the cost would have gone much up and from my experience of both 3 & 5 Star rated ACs savings are only in the range of Rs. 200-Rs. 300. This same model in 5 Star costs Rs. 28500 which is almost Rs. 5000 more than what I paid for this model. So it would have taken more than a few years to recover the difference.
@ Max Power consumption is rated at 1752 Watt compared to 1540 Watt of 5 star Rated model of same product. 3/5 star Split ACs are in the same range as well Power Consumption wise.
@ This means if you use 5 star model for 5-6 hours daily, then you will save approx. Rs.300 monthly compared to 3 star rated model.
@ 5 star model costs Rs. 5000 more than this.
1) Product is 3 star rated which is decently efficient as well as Budget friendly.
2) Coil is Copper, which is best to have in AC.
3) Compressor is rotary.
4) AC is comparatively silent than the claimed 56 dBA but I believe this might be owing to Installation skills as well, :) (In this case, I did it, I am a hobbyist, so have all the tools and skills to do the installation)
5) Cooling is pretty efficient and does not take more than a few minutes to cool the whole room.
1) Refrigerant used is R-22, which is HCFC and causes Ozone Depletion. However is very readily available for refilling.
3) Brand Name?
ACs are meant for cooling which this particular AC is doing sufficiently well. However its the service which keeps an AC in top functioning order, so will update this review as soon as I deal with Voltas service department in a few months.
Thank You for reading this review.