14 March 2017
After Life by Mathew O'Neil is an extensively researched and a gracefully written book that proved to be a highly insightful read.

I'm officially a convert and have recently started reading non-fiction titles, but I know a well-written book when I read one, and this is definitely it. I started reading this book with a mind buzzing with curiosity as, like everyone else, I've always wondered about what really happens when a person dies.

I'm not a Christian, I'm a Hindu, but even in our mythology and religious texts we have a lot of similar concepts like burning in the fire of the hell and such, and I've always been curious about whether these things were true or just stories. In spite of belonging to a different religion, I loved reading about the comprehensive cultural references about Christianity, Hebrew, and Jew cultures and their various respective Bible quotations and references.

This book answers, or to be more specific explores, these questions and a lot more. Author Mathew has done a great job in not only researching but also in putting across his views supported by this extensive research. I liked the writing style of the author and it made reading this intriguing book a very pleasant experience.

I'd recommend this book to anyone and everyone who's ever asked or wondered about the ultimate existential question – What happens after we die?
0Comment Report abuse Permalink