auto-hp family womens-fashion

on 3 May 2015
The author says- "we read to occupy ourselves, we read to find respite, we occasionally read to avoid life". Somehow I don't read for any of these reasons, I read to know a story, I picked this book because of the moving introduction, story of a divorcee at in her 30s, who embraces happiness over convenience. It indeed is a story of someone who does not opt for convenience. The protagonist leaves a well settled job, love marriage, escapes suicide(easy option for lots), comes back to India to face the social contempt. Books starts on a moribund note, but through the roller coaster ride, it comes alive and so does the protagonist by the time book ends. As much is a simple yet moving story, the author paints beautiful pictures of Vrindavan and Mathura. I have never been there, but now it is in my must-go-to places. Questions of life get answered not just through spiritual guru, but also through common men and women who we meet daily. The city of justice is a beautiful creation, crafted in detail, very techie which reflects author's background. As much as it is grand, the spiritual part is grander. I think it tells how we can find answers to deeper question within ourselves, if we are really looking for it.
Beautiful style, keeps one interested until the end leaving the reader wanting for more. Excellent use of lines from others like Ghalib, but she has plenty of her own, one being- "Our failures damage the temple of our soul by watering the seeds of self-doubt that when germinate around its walls, shake its whole foundation"
Look forward to more stories..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on Amazon.in. To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.in
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.in, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so: Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Product Details