auto-hp family

on 31 October 2013
To tell the truth, I wasn't too excited when Nokia launched its Lumia series. With Samsung, HTC and Apple leading the Smartphone wars, Nokia was left miles back. Surprising enough, Nokia struck back with its most impressive line of mobile phones till date. Joining forces with Microsoft was a very smart move for Nokia. Instead of developing its own OS, it went for Windows 8, and left all the marketing of OS to Microsoft.

When I heard the price of Lumia 510 (precursor to Lumia 520), I was taken aback. 10k for windows 7.5 phone! Still I waited for an update to Windows 8. That's when Lumia 520 was launched. But for some reason or the other, I couldn't buy it. Then one day I saw the price 6999/- and bought it immediately online. Don't regret it one bit. The best smartphone I ever had.

Pros:

1. Build Quality: Superb. On par with higher line of Lumia series. Matt Finish is just wonderful.
2. Screen size: Prefect for me. At 4" inches, this beauty is no doubt an amazing buy!
3. Display: While it does not have clear text technology of Lumia 620, it's nevertheless every bit its worth. Only downside is reading in sunshine is not as clear as Lumia 620.
4. Interface: Truly Elegant.If you think Android/iOS is elegant/user friendly,give this beauty a try. You'll be astounded.
5. Apps: All essential apps available. Though apps are not in the counts of Android Marketplace or App Store, you won't be disappointed as all essential apps we use daily are available.
6. Office 365: Full MS office suit. Though many may not use this, I use MS Word quite regularly.
7. Colors: Amazing bright colors. Could easily give Samsung a run for its money that only launches mobiles in Black and White.

Cons:
1. Front Camera: Not a deal breaker though. At 7k (or even 10k), I expect nothing more.
2. Radio: Not a deal breaker. I usually use Tune In (Internet Radio)
3. Flash: No LED Flash. Now this was disappointing. They could have added it.
4. RAM: 512 MB Ram. Even though processor is 1GHz and Windows 8 demand less RAM, 1 GB could have added more value to the product. Still, no deal breaker at this price :)

In 10k range, this baby easily outsmarts every other smartphone. Give this beauty a try and you won't be disappointed. Easily, one of the best buys I made this year!
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on Amazon.in. To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.in
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.in, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so: Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)