Amazon Best Reads-April mens fashion MixTape exclusive for Prime Members Mama Bear

26 March 2019
The Last Trollid by Allistair Potter is the start to a new series The Sunset Of Magic. After having read three other books by the author, I was confident that this book is going to be a smashing read, and, thankfully, to a great extent, it was. Just like his previous books, this book had a brilliant premise and an amazingly awesome world built with a great deal of detailing. The pacing and tension were good as they both had good highs and lows and the overall progression of the plot can't be faulted. So all in all, it was a good read.

My only problem was with the characterization, somehow, unlike in the previous instances, I was not able to feel a connection to either of the characters. I liked Bort and even Ida and Moleskin to some extent, but that was all, I just liked them enough to be able to read the book without wanting to stop, but not more than that. Still, I enjoyed the book, if for nothing else than for the plot and some of the high-tension battle scenes and the ending, which was really well written.

I'd recommend this book to all science-fiction readers, especially who prefer plot over characters.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink