27 June 2019
I'll keep this short. This laptop isn't my ideal. I wanted to buy the version with 512GB SSD and add a 1TB HD. But that went out of stock, so I got this. It has 256GB SSD and a 1TB HD already installed. Eventually, I'll replace the 256GB for a 512GB SSD. But for now, this is enough for what I need.

I primarily run adobe softwares on this laptop. And so far, everything is running buttery smooth. I don't use a lot of Full HD footage for editing, but the timeline has been very smooth with my 720p files. Even After Effects is mostly glitch free, although larger files (like audios of over 2 hours) makes scrubbing through the timeline a bit hard. It definitely drops frames there. However, Premiere Pro and Audition have been an absolute pleasure on this machine.

There are just two cons. One big and one that I don't care about.

The speakers face downwards, so the sound without headphones is awful. But since I'm always using headphones, I don't mind this.

The trackpad is horrid. I use a mouse, but all editing softwares require a bit of pinching and zooming gestures to work smoothly, and that's really difficult with how unresponsive this trackpad is.

That's all I have for now. If anything else work or doesn't work about this laptop, I'll update here.
59 people found this helpful