Amazon Best Reads-January mens fashion family womens fashion

28 November 2018
Future Comes From Behind (Paradigm Shift, Book #1) by S.T.K. Chan is a very unique visionary science-fiction fantasy novel which is utterly mind-boggling, to put it mildly.

The book started out with a seemingly normal storyline which seemed to be pretty straight-forward but soon it turned into a whirlwind of tightly packed chapters that were interlaced in different timelines belonging to different people. I am a huge fan of multiple POVs and time-shifts, but this book to an entirely different, which was both good and bad in its own way. It was good because it made the story fast-paced and really thrilling and bad because somewhere down the line it all got a bit confusing at times, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The characterization was average, it made me care for the characters enough to read the entire story, but I wasn't able to relate to any of the characters thoroughly. I also felt that some places the dialogues and some paragraphs felt unpolished, and there was more telling than showing throughout the book, but, for me, the unique concept of the story made up for all these flaws. So overall, it was an enjoyable book and I'd recommend it to hardcore Sci-Fi Fantasy readers and to those who feel adventurous and want to try something different than ordinary fiction.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink