beauty-hpc Amazon Best Reads-March mens fashion MixTape exclusive for Prime Members Mama Bear

9 March 2019
The Box Of Tricks by Alistair Potter is an explosive sci-fi novel that has something to offer to all of its readers. It has a great storyline that is executed well and a brilliantly created world that made reading this book a complete delight. The characterisation was excellent and I was able to feel a connection with the main characters, Tom, Caroline and Fanshawe and felt that the secondary characters were also very believable.

The writing was good and easy to read. The tightness of exposition made it a really pleasant read for me as I always appreciate brief yet informative exposition over unnecessarily lengthy one, so this book made for a really smooth and quick read. Author's humour really shone through the prose and went a long way in making this book both entertaining as well as light as it had some emotional and moral themes that could have, otherwise, made the plot very weighty.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book and waiting eagerly to get started with the next book by Mr Potter. I'd recommend this book to all sci-fi readers.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink