Top critical review
Good Picture Quality, Lags a Lot and other issues.
4 November 2018
I am writing this review from a consumer point of view, maybe some points seem relevant to you some not, still bear with me.
PS - I bought this TV after watching the reviews on Techiebeez Channel and other reviewers. Basically, I took a leap of faith.
1) Good Picture Quality. Upscaling is good and HDR works pretty impressive. (Note - Quantum Luminit is just a marketing term, its just a normal LED TV)
2) Fast Boot Time
3) Almost all the Apps comes pre-installed (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, Eros, Sony Liv, Zee)
1) Ohh, it lags a lot while. Performance is a huge issue. Maybe the 1GB Ram is not enough, neither the 8GB ROM because updates will keep coming in the future. Its, not future proof. Maybe i am a heavy user but it does lags in between apps, lags playing videos in youtube sometimes, i have to switch the tv off - on and then youtube works seamlessly. (with same internet connection ). I really don't know whats the exact issue here.
2) I have a 50 MBPS Internet Connection and I am not able to stream Hotstar in Full HD without skipping frames in between. Was watching a live football match (EPL) on hotstar and the experience was terrible, made me question why i bought this huge tv .With the same internet connection, i can easily stream JIO Tv HD channels but Hotstar just does not play without dropping frames. same thing happend while watching Ind vs WI T20 match today. maybe in movies you won't notice but try watching any live content and you will know what I am talking about.
3) Sony Liv App stopped opening suddenly so i tried to update it, the TV was not able to update it so i tried uninstalling the App and then Updating, after installing every time i click on open , the screen goes to download and just stuck there, now i am not able to use the Sony Liv app, only the icon exists. :(
4) You cant play games, official play store doesn't exist. Huge Con for me because the underline software of the TV is just ridiculous, Anybody who has tried to update any apps will know what i am talking about, you need to be an absolute techie to login and do various other functions.
5) Sometimes the remote will not respond, it's not as seamless as i would have expected it to be, while operating volume buttons, mute etc the remote sometimes just refuses to work. very frustrating for a previous Sony TV user.
6) No Voice Remote (All other TVs in this price range are typically offering a Voice Remote or Control through some app - iffalcon, VU, TCL, MarQ, MI etc etc)
7) It won't play online content in 4K, Full HD is maximum you will get , though it will play 4K content from USB drives.
8) Miracast works seamlessly but Airplay via Eshare App is huge letdown. My MacBook connects with the laptop and the cast starts lagging and then automatically disconnects.
As a consumer when you buy a TV , you atleast look for it to work seamlessly for atleast 5-6 years. Although i really like the picture quality i am really not sure how the performance will be in comings years or say days. After using it for a week i am really not sure about its longevity. The 1GB Ram/8GB ROM is really not a future-proof configuration.
Now i am trying to evaluate Sanyo 55 Inch Tv which is for 51K, i know that the price is pretty much a lot when compared to Shinco but my personal preference is to buy a TV with better configuration so that it could be used for atleast 5-6 years without any issues of space or memory or performance for that matter.
I will update this Review if there are any changes in my experience.
[Update - I have bought an MI 4K Tv Box and all the issues related to smart function of the tv are eliminated now].