Top positive review
Durable pressure cooker with induction base | Review
13 June 2019
A demand came from my mother for some good pressure cooker and i started looking for same. Prestige, Pigeons, Hawkins and many other brands came in mind with pressure cooker target.
But, Its altogether a different story when brand name directly comes from your parents. They suggested Prestige. So i started looking for Prestige models. This model caught attention as it appeared economical and good quality along
with compatibility for induction cooktop.
1. Cooker Base
2. Lid with Handle
3. Weight valve or whistle
1. Sturdy design and good finish overall.
2. Good quality material used in cooker.
3. Thick base for efffective heat transfer. This in turn prevents burnt food layer on bottom.
4. Works with both normal and induction cooktop.
5. Ergonomic matte finish handle with double screws.
6. Three level safety system, 1st is weight valve or whistle, 2nd is gasket release system, and 3rd is safety valve.
1. Outer lid design which have no tension system like inner lid where handle and pin provide tension to system for proper sealing. So it entirely depends on v croos section rubber to create proper seal, which may loosen with time.
2. Closing lid requires significant effort during initial days. You need to press lid from top for easy locking.
3. Thinner lid compared to lower part. May be its done to decrease itw weight for easy handling.
4. Induction plate is small and could be made large by 2-3 cm in diameter for effective working.
NO ISSUE LIKE CURVED BOTTOM AFTER USE
I didnt face any such issue till date.
▶ Remember not to have empty cooker when on active burner. This overheats aluminium and causes buldging of base as bare metal expands on heating. When theres content inside heat is transferred directly to content.
EFFORTLESS CLOSING OF LID
By design its like you need to take some efforts closing the lid, as it needs to maintain proper seal, so is not every loose.
Just make sure to apply pressure on top while closing and it will really be easy then.
▶ You may go for this cooker considering cons in mind. My mom is using it since 5 months and she did not report any issue so far.
▶ Above listed cons are from technical point of view and not a big deal. Even some of them are limited to initial few days usage and will have no big impact on regular usage.