Top positive review
Easy to use and effective - Go get it you won't repent
20 November 2018
Bought the Mi 2S Air purifier on the Diwali sale with 10% Amazon Cash back and 10% HDFC rebate. So overall at that price it was a steal. 3 of us in office bought the purifier in the deal. Since then 2 more colleagues are waiting for a similar deal to buy it after discussing it's effectiveness.
The purifier was delivered on 9th but never got to use it till yesterday as first I was out of station and when we returned it had rained in Delhi NCR and the PM2.5 indicator was showing a reading of less than 100 in Indirapuram. However yesterday I felt the need to use it and when I switched it on it gave me a PM 2.5 reading of 220. So for the first time yesterday since it was delivered decided to use it overnight. Below are my observations.
1. Easy to install and operate from the device
2. Download of software from the Google Play store was easy and also the app is pretty explanatory
3. Had to try 4 to 5 times to setup the device on my smart phone but was not successful so finally had to reset the Mi
2S Purifier and after that in the 1st try was able to set it up.
4. Make sure during the setup that the Purifier is close to the Smart Phone and also the router but once the setup is
done there is no such requirement. (At least I had to place the Purifier close to the router and smart phone)
5. You can completely control the device from your smart phone.
6. I am yet to setup using Alexa which I would probably try this or the next weekend and will update.
7. As some has complained that the PM 2.5 readings fluctuate a lot. For me also at times it fluctuates and I believe that
since it has laser sensors it is bound to happen as when for some reason it does not detect any particle it drops the
reading. Probably Mi can have a software update to make it more stable.
8. After the setup on the smart phone the firmware on the Purifier got updated. Not sure what improvements were
done as I had not used it with the previous firmware.
9. There are 3 modes.
a) Manual Mode - Very noisy,
b) Auto Mode - which I used. This was initially noisy like Manual as the PM 2.5 reading was high (220) but
then automatically the fan speed reduced as the PM 2.5 reading came down to 100.
c) Sleep Mode - You can hardly hear the fan running but then if the PM 2.5 reading is high this would not be
9. After usage for the whole night i.e bringing the PM 2.5 from 220 to approx between 50 and 70 the filter shows 99%
remaining. The unit was run from 9:30 PM to 7:00 AM next morning non stop in auto mode.
I had not had a sound sleep fro the past 5 to 6 days nor did my baby who is 4 month old as she would wake up midnight but today both of us did not wake up till 6:45 AM and I could feel the difference in quality of the air. Seeing it's usage I believe that the filters would easily last two season as I believe I would not be using it beyond January
Will keep the post updated and do let me know if anyone needs any clarification as I would more than happy to clear your doubts.
Update : 24th Nov 2018
Have been using it for almost 5 days now.
The night of 19th and 20th Nov were really bad. The PM2.5 reading was hovering around 220 to 240 in Indirapuram inside the house. The device took around 30 to 40 minutes in Auto mode to bring the level down to between 50 and 70. Just to make sure that the whole rooms air was being cleaned and not just the air around the air purifier I switched on both the ceiling fan in the room at a speed of 3 (as the room size is (approx. 13*16) so that the air starts circulating. The PM2.5 jumped by around 10 to 15 units and I was ok with that and this proved that the air in the whole room was being cleaned. Also by the end of two nights the filter showed 99% remaining.
On the remaining 3 nights the PM2.5 reading was around 150 to 170. It would bring down the PM2.5 to about 50 in less than 30 minutes. So today morning the filter remaining shows is 98%. Also I compare the humidity and temp it displays with my own temp and humidity sensor. The Temp was of by 1 deg and the humidity level by 4%. So more or less the Temp and Humidity readings are accurate. As for PM2.5 I do not have anything to compare it to.
Overall extremely satisfied with the product and I repent why I did not but one earlier. It is a must have thing in Delhi NCR for sure