Top critical review
A complete waste of money, a lame imitation of Fitbit
Reviewed in India on 4 November 2018
The attached pictures give an indication of how erratic and useless Amazfit Pace is.
1. 262 steps in 16 min is a FAST WALK, whereas 407 steps in 5 min is a LIGHT ACTIVITY. The fact is that both are wrong. The watch misses counting steps very badly, particularly in a walk. I contacted Amazfit Support and provided debug data. The response I got - you are not swinging your arms while walking! (Pic 1).
2. It misses too many intervals for heart rate, no explanation. This happens both during sleep and while awake. No response from Amazfit for this (pic 2).
3. Erroneous heart rate measurement. So, the overall data presented makes little or no sense.
During one of the runs, it showed my max heart rate as 210! I have been running for many years, used Fitbit Surge and know my heart rate ranges. This is an utterly ridiculous measurement. Again, no response from Amazfit (pic 3). In a subsequent run, it showed max heart rate as 100, which is again wrong!
4. In a half-marathon run, covering a large area in a city, the watch shows that I ran on a perfectly flat surface (pic 4). When I imported the file into Runkeeper, it showed 345 m elevation gain.
5. Any sleep till midnight is not marked as sleep in heart rate measurement (pic 5), it is marked as sleep in sleep section though.
Another claim about the famed battery life - it is a sham. It may give the claimed battery life if continuous heart rate tracking and GPS functions are not used. If these two functions are not to be used, why will anyone buy this watch, why not a much cheaper one?
There are many more issues, I can go on and on........
Verdict - DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.