Top positive review
A future-ready device!!!!
19 April 2019
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY 4k FIRE STICK as it might help you with the purchase decission.
I bought this device for Rs 4799 excluding bank offer of extra 10% off. It was launched in September 2018 for rs 5999 so I waited for a long time for the price drop and was able to get it in 4320 so here is my review. I already have the older version of the fire stick and I will also show the comparison with the older one.
The fire 4k stick is a bit larger as compared to the older Firestick
NOTE:- 4k Fire TV works best in 4k TV(I have budget 4k tv from Thomson)
In the box contents:- 4k fire stick, Remote, HDMI cable, USB cable, Adapter and user manual.
Why I bought this 4k fire stick?
*It's built on the Android platform and it converts your normal TV to a smart TV. (though 4k TV's nowadays are smart)
*You can install android apps on the device and play games and enjoy music too.
*It is an HDMI stick and all you need is an HDMI port on your TV and you're good to go.
*It also helps to have access to the internet browsers like Firefox or Silk Browsers.
*You can have access to any entertainment apps like Netflix, Amazon prime video & music, Hotstar etc (but you will have to pay the membership charges)
Who all can buy it?
If you are buying a smart tv there are many issues like not getting regular software updates etc and if you invest around Rs 5000 then you will get a 4k stick to stream online contents on your huge TV screen with regular software updates. There is an in-built app store of Amazon from where you can download many apps.
How to Setup?
1) Plug Fire TV stick 4K into your HDMI port.
2) Plug the charger into a wall socket.
3) Connect to wifi or mobile hotspot and enjoy.
Let's get started with the pros and cons-
1) The build quality of the fire 4k stick is good as compared to the older version.
2) Best thing of this 4k stick is that you will get the all-new Alexa voice remote, you can ask Alexa for searching on the net, to play any movie, to rewind 10 seconds or for searching comedies or action etc.
3) I have a Thompson 50 inch LED TV and it is a 4k TV the viewing is very immersive and awesome as compared to the older fire stick.
4) This is a very small and compact device which can stream 4k content on your TV screen all you need is a good 4k Tv and a good internet connection & you are good to go.
5) Setting up the 4k firestick is very easy, it is just like plug & play.
6) The Alexa powered remote is very helpful for me for rewinding or for searching any other content.
7) It comes with many pre-installed apps like Amazon Prime Video, Prime music, Netflix, Gaana, & many more.
8) If you are not having any cable connection or DTH connection then you can stream live tv from this fire stick, if there is a good internet connection.
9) The CPU/GPU is superior (Quad-Core 1.7 GHz) so the performance is great & the WiFi chip is also great hence there will be no issues with the internet connection.
10) I don’t have any complaints about the picture quality and audio.
11) Volume buttons are also present in the remote which is not present in the previous firestick remote.
1) I think it is overpriced it should have been priced around Rs 4000-4500.
2) The storage given in this fire stick is 8 GB which is quite less it should have been 16 GB or 32 GB.
3) The available storage is 5 GB only if you will install 12-13 apps then there will be no storage available for installing any other apps.
4) Sadly there is no option for screen mirroring.
5) Alexa is not connected with Google.
# If you are experiencing any problem with the display then follow the following instructions-
Go to settings (Settings > Display & Sounds > Display > Dynamic Range Settings and change Always HDR to Adaptive) and this will fix the dull colours.
*VERDICT:- This is a future-ready device you won't get many contents in 4k Amazon Prime, Netflix will bring up many more 4k contents on their website. Amazon firestick is having Widevine L1 DRM certification it is running on official Android OS. I will recommend you to buy this firestick the money you are investing is worth, it is better than those Chinese android boxes which don’t run on Official Android OS nor it is having Widevine L1 DRM certification.
Image 1: Fire Stick BOX
Image 2: Fire Stick inbox contents
Image 3: Image shot through mobile phone (4ktv) playing 4k video
Image 4: Image shot through mobile phone (1ktv) Playing 1k Video
I am sharing the images so that people can understand the difference between both image quality, I can see a lot of difference the quality has gone at least 200% much higher compared to normal TV
EDIT 1: 6th Feb
#I am totally in love with my new fire tv, I have installed third party apps like S Youtube(Downloaded from Aptoide)
#Firetv is smooth and it doesnt have any lag or shutter
#Lot of new 4k content is being added on regular basis on Netflix and as well as Prime Video
#Those who want to install Youtube, they can sideload Aptoide store and install it from there (Not recommended).
I hope my review was helpful, if you have any questions please feel free to shoot questions, ill be happy to answer and help you :)