Top positive review
Things to know before purchase (you should have basic things clear before starting).
23 November 2018
I'm assuming that you purchased ssd for only OPERATING SYSTEM (as C drive only) and for storage you old HDD can be used in cd/dvd drive just order HDD CADDY BAY (make sure about dimensions).
1. PUT SSD in caddy bay (to copy your hdd's C drive as clone). Note: dont screw ssd at this stage.
2. If ssd not showing up in my computer, check in disk management tool, if its showing there then leave it as it is and proceed with samsung data migration tool.
3. When done migration of data, remove ssd from caddy bay and put inside laptop (in place of hdd and put hdd into caddy bay), it is because caddy bay only able to read/write data but cant be used to boot (on some old/unsupported devices).
4. It will now boot from ssd but first boot maybe slower just do Nothing, wait.
5. Make sure you've installed SAMSUNG MAGICIAN software, as it is helpful for ssd firmware update and management. Also use over-provisoning by 10 to 20%, it will increase ssd life.
6. Please check if AHCI mode and RAPID activated in magician software, it will boost speed, before making ATA to AHCI make sure your pc boot in safe mode (when you changed ATA to AHCI for first time only). Then change back to normal boot from safe boot. It will minimize any chances of error.
7. Tadaaa your pc is fastes ever it felt like. You can reply me here, how was your experience after reading this review and installtion of caddy and SSD.