Top positive review
Nice Fridge in its Price Range
4 December 2018
Got the product well in time. Researched it quite well before purchasing. Comparison with other models etc, n finally came upon conclusion to buy it. You get nice set of features, neither too much nor too less in this product, as per price bracket.
Product came in original packaging without any damage. Very next day Whirlpool people came for installation & demo. It was installed properly & some form was filled up for warranty etc by them.
1. Works well & is 3 star. So expect power consumption as per 3 star. 4 star model was also avavilable at some extra cost, but had budget constraint for this.
2. You get plenty of storage, with 3 glass shelves, one shelf type space above vegetable container, some side spaces for bottles and other items etc. There is not zone for bigger colddrink bottles. My other Samsung fridge had option for that. But this is not a big deal, as you can keep it on shelf.
3. Compared other brand models, but this one gave good value for money & with that you get one of the best refrigerator brands. Also in long term, Whirpool have good customer support & spare parts availability is good. So you are not doomed in long run.
4. Ice chamber comes with cooling gel. Thats an addon. What it does is, it freezes during run time, and when there is power cut, it defreezes to gel form and in that process absorbs heat inside. So helps to maintain temperature of chamber for some time. So your ice, icecreams etc have better protection from melting.
5. Person who comes for installation will try to sell you stablizer, saying its important etc. But remember this one comes with stablizer free operation & is ok for a good range of voltage 130-300vvv. So getting stablizer is useless. Just they try to make some money.
6. Dont get confused with black strip, expecting it will have some controls or indicators. It does have it in other models, but in this very model, its just for show purpose. Imparts good looks.
WHY DOUBLE DOOR:
Two door works good, but comes with a cost. WIth single door & same capacity you get more space & generally in normal household we dont have many items to be kept in upper ice zone. So that space is kind of wasted. Had same view for other Samsung double door.
But still settled for double door, as it better organizes content & is efficient, as for ice, you dont need to open whole fridge which increases temperature & thereby increases load on compressor.
Other reason to get double door is it works on forced convection with fans installed for cold air circulation instead of natural forced convection in single door. In my view its far more efficient for uniform cooling inside.
You can surely go for it. You dont expect too much from lower range product. Its value for money & gets you what a double door refrigerator is meant for avoiding all gimmiky features, like alarms, digital display, touch based control, etc etc.
Yes if you can increase your budget by some figures, you can get its 4 star rated model, for saings in long run. Though in my personal opition, the extra cost you pay, by the time you will recover that cost by saving electricity, you may swap this one for other new tech model :D
P.S. During delivery do pay attention to how its carried to your home from vehicle. Specially if its to be carried to upper floors. Delivery guys dont have knowledge of dos n donts. Its written in instruction booklet, but who reads.
-Package should not be inverted, upside down.
-It should not be tilted much as compressor liquid goes to pipes then & if started with that, it may lead to choking & other issues. Say your fridge is vertical, avoid tilting it beyond 80 degree from vertical, as in try to avoid making it horizontal by any means.
-Also give some settling time for compressor liquid, say hour or two before switching it on.