Top positive review
Good for home use
30 December 2017
Ordered it because of the ability to sync with your phone via bluetooth. Build quality is good. The feet are firm and the device does not wobble when you stand on it. It has auto-on / off. There are reports of different weights showing up. For this you need to ensure you are standing very still and not moving or shuffling. The principle of operation is by measuring force exerted and converting it to weight. Moving around changes the balance of force exerted and hence weight keeps moving. In my test, I stood very still and about 3 - 4 seconds later the final weight flashes thrice and freezes. Since you have the bluetooth app (Google Play Store - MyAxtiveX by Maya Apps), you can see this realtime on your phone screen without looking down.
How to setup:
1) Insert the 3 AAA batteries as per polarity and close batter door.
2) Install the MyActiveX app from Google Playstore (Publisher - Maya Apps)
3) On the first screen, enter your name, year and month of birth, current weight (if you don't know enter anything and edit it when you know) and height in cms.
4) Click next and you will be on the device screen. Since I have the BMI Scale, I click BMI Scale and turn on bluetooth
5) Stand on the scale and it will show you the current weight. (Includes weight of clothes you are wearing, so your weight will vary if you measure yourself wearing a jeans pant / shorts). You eon't be able to save the weight in the app right away.
6) If you did't know yoir weight before, click the settings icon (Right most icon in bottom row) and select your profile and edit. This is also the screen where you add other members of your family i.e users.
7) Click the plan icon. Enter the target weight, target date, select your reminder options or turn them off.
8) Now go to device tab, click BMI scale, measure your weight. You'll see your weight, variation from goal, BMI and finally you can now Save the measured weight.
9) Go to plan tab to view your weight history in data or chart mode
10) General suggestion - Don't throw away the box, safely store it in it. Never leave batteries inside as with any electronic device. Insert and remove batteries as per need.
Negatives of app (not device but app):
1) No cloud / online sync. If the app is uninstalled or device changed or lost or phone reset, your weight log history is gone.
2) No Google Fit integration
3) Device will not pair via regular BT. Just the MyActiveX app captures realtime info via BT and you manually save it.
I am rating 4/5 due to app. Device is great.