Top positive review
63 people found this helpful
Good phone, needs camera and software updates optimization.
on 6 October 2018
Few highlights after 1 year of usage:-
1) Battery: Lasts a day or more. Depends heavily on the usage. Sometimes drains with 4G and draining apps.
2) Camera: Expected a bit more from the camera especially the dual lens setup from Moto. It does a decent job but not top notch. Don't expect OnePlus like pictures (obviously) without editing. Selfie camera is good enough though.
3) Software: Bad experience here. Motorola management and devs need to up their game because we're getting Android Oreo after almost a year while Motorola promised it in early 2018. Only security patch updates were provided for a 16k phone with other competitors in the market. Software experience is stock though which is very good, no bloatware.
4) Gestures: I think the gestures and one button navigation is one of the best features of this smartphone. I use it on a daily basis (gestures only, not a big fan of single button navigation gestures but many people like it).
5) Turbo Charger: Very good, provides a great amount of charge in less time. One of the best that I've seen. But the cable plastic end got frayed.
6) Display & Design: Top notch for the price. One of the best in this price segment. However, the design gets wasted if you put it in a case :)
7) Rest: Snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, no complaints here. Performance wise its good! (Funny though that Moto G6 has Snapdragon 450 for the same price at launch! What are you doing Moto?).