Top critical review
Overall it's okay
29 March 2018
My previous washing m/c was Whirlpool Whitemagic FS 60. It gave excellent performance for nearly 10 years. So I decided to stick to the brand. Did online survey and went ahead with the purchase. Offer, Packing and delivery by Amazon was great as usual. Amazon also arranged to schedule product installation from Whirlpool.
Regarding product: (m/c use: daily once for over two months now)
1. It needs 15 amp. power supply. I had to arrange electrician as my previous washing m/c required 5 amp and was the only socket available at the point. This should be mentioned in the product description by seller.
2. The standard washing cycle starts with dry clothes. I found this to be problematic.In this phase, it churns dry clothes for less than a minute causing them to gather at one place and vibrating and some what loosing balance as weight of clothes is now concentrated at one place in the tumbler. By chance if you already wet clothes, expect more vibrations and imbalanced movement due to increased weight of water.
In my previous machine water used to fill at the start of washing cycle which used to distribute the load evenly.
3. The LED display asks to add 'x' cup of liquid detergent depending on the quantity of clothes. Whirlpool Installation guy tried to hard sell liquid detergent and scale remover liquid saying it's mandatory for this machine which, my parents fell prey to.
I later tried regular detergent powder and it works as well.
4. Washing quality is better compared to my earlier machine however, the spin-drying phase at the end of standard washing cycle is not capable of removing all the water content. It's okay in winter and summer but in rainy season one will need to use extra or power-dry option. It should be possible to include these option as a part of standard washing cycle.
5. Hot water option is a good feature to wash stained clothes.