Top positive review
Great laptop for the price, gets the job done
25 October 2018
Well, let's begin with the beginning. After being a heavy user of a Macbook Air for a couple of years, I was out in the market looking for a windows replacement since I didn't want to spend so much on a machine. As a writer, my work mostly involves internet browsing, research, using MS office and a couple of other basic tasks but I am a heavy user with more than 100 tabs open at once, for instance.
I spent three days looking for laptops furiously and couldn't find anything that came close to my expectations. I saw this one on Amazon itself and rejected it for not having an i5 cpu. However, I then did a gamble and just ordered it off and now, I write this review from the same computer expressing my 100% satisfaction.
Here are some myth busters which made me doubt my decision to buy after reading other reviews:
1. The battery life lasts four-five hours very very easily and it charges fast.
2. The speaker volume is LOUD.
3. The body may not be Apple quality but it's very sturdy and strong enough to last a long time. Definitely not the sleek and weak types.
4. CD Drive works! I installed Dell software from it.
5. MS office is valid and was pre-activated. Had to just register my MS account on the system
6. Also comes with a two year McAfee anti-virus subscription.
7. Internet performance is fast. There's no lag in opening the tab and sometimes, the browser outperforms the internet connection and that's beautiful to see.
8. Boot time is less than 10 seconds.
9. Will require a wireless mouse for easy use since I am not a touchpad user and many are unlikely to be.
10. There's no additional accessories with the product but it arrives well packaged, with warranty and completely unopened.