Top critical review
Comparison of different types of Himalaya Baby bath/wash
Reviewed in India on 27 March 2019
To my knowledge there are 3 different types of Himalaya Baby Wash available:
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath
2. Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash
3. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash.
I initially bought Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath 100ml,then 400ml.At this point of time I didn't know there are other Himalaya baby washes available ( My ignorance, being a first time Mommy😝).
Then I got bored with this baby wash and I searched for other baby washes by Himalaya. To my delight I found out there's Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash which is supposed to be good for summer. I immediately ordered it.( Now I'm getting ideas and searching for different products from Himalaya to try out)😎
Then winter approached and I ordered Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash.
My personal conclusion :
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath has a mild fragrance exactly the same as the Himalaya Gentle Baby Soap.(I personally don't like it that much)
2. Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash has a mild watermelon fragrance. Reminds you of something edible! Not bad.
3. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash has a pleasant fragrance. I like this the most.
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath is transparent gel and runny.
2. Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash is thick transparent gel.
3. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash is whitish,thick and almost creamy.
The increasing/ascending order of it's ability to lather up using same quantity is -
Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath > Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash > Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash.
* Cleaning ability : All clean up very well.
* Price for 100ml pack of each type :
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath= Rs.70
2. Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash= Rs.85
3.Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash= Rs.85.
**Bottom line : The end results are all the same. Since they're all soap free they all leave my baby skin soft and smooth( But I still apply Himalaya Baby Lotion after every bath). I see no significant difference in their end results.
But if you're like me who gets bored with just one type then I recommend you to try out the other Himalaya baby washes too. You won't regret buying any of it. Price difference is also not much. I personally like the Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash the most.
** A useful tip: Since all the baby washes come without pump, I make use of my old beauty product containers that has pump. Rinse them out with warm water and soap thoroughly before filling it with baby product. I strip off label from old baby product container and paste it to the the pumping container with cellotape to help me identify it. I keep refilling this from original container.(See picture attached to get an idea). Try this. I promise you it's so easy to pump it single handedly while you hold your squirming baby with your other hand 😊
* Word of caution for those who bath their babies holding them on their laps: My mom who bathed us,her babies with soap find the soap free baby washes very slippery! She complain that baby keep slipping off and she's scared baby will fall. So I let her keep a towel on her lap for baby to sit on whenever she baths my baby.
Happy Baby Bath Time😊😊