Top positive review
5 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2017
Lenovo Z2 Plus (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Black)
Coming to the phone, I've read a lot of critical reviews about this particular model and I was a bit skeptic buying it, even after 5-6 months after launch.
But it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made in my life.
Out of the box comes straight the supercharged phone with a sublime matte finish screen guard on top, with a stealth black matte cover at the back which feels very premium in hand due to its rubberized grip along with the matte feel.
Along with the handset, received the Documents, USB to Type-C cable, Wall charger, and a SIM ejector tool. ( ********No earphones included ****)
1) Absolute lag-less experience. No issues with performance at all. Fluidic switching between apps (even games).
2) Amazing fingerprint scanner (To be very frank, I've tested OnePlus3 too, and I found Z2 Plus is faster. Gets faster as you keep using it).
3) Sound output through 3.5mm jack is just crystal clear. For an Audiophile like me, Treble output was decent, Bass was amazing. The Speaker was decent enough; easily heard in outside crowd conditions (Although I rarely use the speakers).
4) UHealth app works fairly accurately, Pedometer sensor is pretty good.
5) U-Touch option is one of its kind (Best feature)
6) The 4G speeds on this is just amazing. (Apparently, I found that its always active on the 4G bandwidth so whenever I switch on data it displays all the messages instantly).
7) The charging rate is pretty fast too, takes around 2hr 15mins on an average to charge.
8) 5inch form-factor is wonderful, and just what I wanted.
9) Looks like an iPhone Jet Black series due to the backside glass.
10) Double Tap to wake is an awesome feature.
1) No arguments, as other reviewers have stated too; the camera falls off in low lit conditions. Does a decent job in outside daylight. (Both front and rear).
2) I found that Google Keyboard (Gboard) is making the device lag while typing on keyboard ( Yes, I almost fainted ). But it's probably due to the new update and the lag only appears very RARELY and that too doesn't affect other device performances (switching and using other apps). Only happens in the gboard while typing.
3) The notification light was one huge backdrop for me personally since it's only a single white light LED on top right, which is usually not visible at certain angles but is very bright when viewed face front and around. Although you can change whether the light blinks or stays constantly lit.
*My Personal Opinion*
There were many critical reviews about the heating issue this device has, but I found nothing which is out of the ordinary. Playing heavy games, yes sure the heating is kind of accentuated by the black body of the device, although is not a huge issue since it's particularly present in almost all the devices of this era. I'm using it for a college lifestyle; using it for sometime in direct bright sunlight causes it to heat up a bit which is very normal.
I guess some of the devices which are present are faulty or maybe just due to consumer based usage.
In the end, clearly the PROS outweigh the CONS by a huge margin.
Definitely the best Smartphone device in under 20K range.
Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530, 441ppi screen display. All under 20k.
Alternative to OnePlus3?