Top critical review
A basic but powerful purifier from Sharp
12 November 2019
I will start by saying that for the features it packs, this product is a tad expensive. However in 2 days of usage I have come to like it.
1. Removes bad smell and odour within 15-20 minutes of operation. Thumbs up to plasmacluster technology.
2. The purifier doesn't make much noise. Right on top of device it makes 80 db on top speed. A foot away to any direction the noise drops below 50db.
3. Very simple menu and options to operate. Elderly, Kids or even domestic help with little or no education can operate it with ease.
4. Beautifully designed and looks cool.
1. No numeric pm level display. Cheaper products have this feature.
2. No smart phone connectivity/control.
3. No FILTER END-OF-LIFE indicator - which by far is the biggest downside of this product.
4. Replacement filter listing online looks expensive. Others are selling similar replacement filters at much lower cost.
Although the negatives outweigh positives in general, however I can't ignore the quality of air difference after switching the purifier on.
This seems to be the cheapest home air purifier from Sharp. Yet they have plasmacluster technology built into the product, which makes a huge difference.
I love the product... Yet giving a 3 star because of the Negatives. If the replacement filter was below 3000 mark, I had given this a 4.5/5.