Top positive review
Good rotary electric shaver in mid range....
18 March 2019
Those who are new to electric shaving this review is for them. Before making your purchase decision consider these points first,
1. How often you shave? If everyday then electric shaver may be a good option for you. If twice a week then there is a problem since this shaver can not handle long hair.
2. Hardness of you beard. If it is too thick then it will take more time for a clean shave. My beard is thick and I can use a regular Mach 3 blade for 8 shaves. So it takes more time to get clean shave compared to Mach 3.
Now pros and cons,
1. Very nice design, well build and ergonomic. Feels solid in hand and the tilting blade along with small flex on the joint portion helps it to follow your face contour.
2. Since it is a Aqua touch so it is water resistant and you can use it with water which is really good for a cleaner shave. Just use your favorite foam with it for a clean shave.
3. This model having Lithium ion based battery which is lighter compared to NiMH alternative (5050) and it takes less time to recharge and lasts longer.
4. Really easy to clean compared to some other Aqua touch. Just press the button in the front of the blade set and it will open and then place it below water for cleaning.
5. 2 yr blade life as per Phillips
6. 2-year worldwide guarantee
1. It takes some time to getting use to it. Watch some video tutorial to know how to use it properly.
2. Depending on your beard, your experience may vary. For me, it takes really long time to clean shave around the neck.
3. Rotary shavers are not good for longer growth. You have to be regular depending on your beard growth rate.
4. The Trimmer: For me it is not a complete replacement of my old trusty Mach 3. Simply because as advertised by Phillips, the trimmer not giving me a clean trim (sideburns, it lefts some residue) so I have to use my razor as well.
5. Foil shaver is better if you are not a regular shaver.
Verdict: I have tried to cover my experience with this product. It is both hit and miss for me. However my beard is also problematic because of thickness and varying alignment. So if you have option, then try it first before ordering.