Top positive review
How to use dryer
13 February 2019
There is a lot of conflicting information about the dryer in reviews and I was undecided on if it was worth it! Though many comments are true, after 1 month of using this machine, I think many comments are by people not used to a dryer. Here are some issues seen by other reviewers:
1) Clothes don't dry fully : The default setting of "closet dry" is misnomer - clothes are 90% dry but you cannot fold / hang them inside yet. This is useful if you want to iron them or give for ironing - all wrinkles can be easily ironed out as clothes are slightly wet and you don't have to use water spray. To completely dry - use extra dry option (by pressing dry button once, you get sun symbol with + sign). It senses humidity level based on these settings so dryness will be same regardless of type of clothes. Also it is important to make clothes "single layer" as much as possible - turning collars up, turning pants inside out so pockets dry etc.
2) Clothes come out too wrinkled and crushed: This is true for all dryers, separate dryers are worse. So you can reduce it but wrinkles will be slightly more than what you get by hang drying. To reduce wrinkles you can :
a) Separate loads - mixing heavy and thick clothes with thin ones creates non uniform drying. Light clothes dry first and wrinkles get set. Heavy clothes also crush light ones more. This is not required if you are giving all clothes for ironing anyway.
b) Blankets, sheets, duvets get heavily crushed and will get permanent creases that even ironing does not smoothen. You may have to wash them again without drying and iron them. Washing them in default "closet dry" and giving it for ironing is a option.
c) Do not let them lie in washing machine (or laundry basket)for long - though machine automatically enters wrinkle free mode after drying and keeps moving clothes to avoid crushing, its best to take them out early.
d) Take out clothes and snap them to free any crushing, then fold them, straightening the creases. Clothes marked wrinkle free can be worn immediately.
e) Adding softener like comfort can reduce wrinkles especially if fabric is stiff.
f) Dryer capacity is 5kg while washing is 8kg - fill the machine half only - if you want to reduce wrinkling. I think many reviewers do not appreciate this and get wet clothes.
3) Drying takes long time -31/2 hrs cycle: Actual time is automatic and can be less if clothes are easy drying type. You can also set drying time to 1hr/2hrs if you know what works by experience.
Here is a way to use it with fully efficiency:
1) Put in a full (8kg) wash load at night.
2) Set the ready-in timer : If you are loading at 9:00PM, set Ready-in for 9 hrs for washing to complete by 6:00AM.
3) In the morning - clothes are washed and ready for dryer - remove all heavy clothes like jeans, jackets, bedsheets for outside drying. Remaining numerous shirts, suits pants etc (up to 5kg) can dried in dryer.
There are several advantages in this way:
i) Using full capacity can reduce number of washings - saving soap, electricity,water, time and work.
ii) Removing heavy clothes reduces drying time - from 3 hrs to 1.5hrs, which is much more reasonable.
iii) Removing heavy clothes reduces wrinkling.
iv) You do have to hang clothes outside - but they are few and can be done quickly.
v) As machine will start automatically at night - you can use the longer eco cycle - that will further reduce your water and electricity bills.
On the other hand - if you feel lazy - just throw everything in machine at night and set for dry - give the whole bundle to ironwala in morning and you are done! :)