auto-hp family

• Compact Size
• 3 Dry Settings

Pros of Philips HP8120 Essential Care 1200W Hair Dryer:

• Cute and compact packaging
• Foldable handle and contains easy storage hook
• 1200W is perfect for daily use
• Affordable
• Comes with a 3 drying settings
• Has a unique cool air setting too
• ThermoProtect setting gives quick but very smooth results
• Takes maximum 10 minutes to dry even long hair
• Hot setting takes 5 minutes to dry hair
• Gives a lovely shine & keeps hair tangle free
• Makes hair bouncy and adds a nice volume
• Air doesn’t feel hot against my scalp

Cons of Philips HP8120 Essential Care 1200 Hair Dryer:

• Wish the concentrator were a little more narrow

The attached pictures depict how lovely the color & compact the dryer is!!

Philips hair dryer comes in a nice and hard cardboard box. The box contains all the details of the product and it also comes with a manual sheet. The dryer looks very pretty; it comes in a white and pink color. It is definitely a cute looking dryer and the concentrator is made of clear pink plastic and is a detachable one.

It has a foldable handle which makes the dryer occupy lesser space, and makes it easy to store too. The cord of this hair dryer is decently long so I can nicely use this. Overall its compact packaging makes it easy to use and travel friendly. It looks nice and the quality of the material is so good. And it is a 1200W hair dryer, which pretty good for daily use.

My Quick Note:

I assume it will last long and it comes with a 2 years warranty too. But I just love this product a lot, and how it works so smoothly on my hair.
I would highly recommend this product to all of you as your daily hair dryer. It is totally worth a buy.Philips Essential Care Dryer HP8120 (Pink)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 4 February 2018
It is so expected from Phillips and Amazon... Amazon reviews help me a lot in selecting this dryer..only packing is not good..
on 23 November 2016
I just got my Philips Essential care dryer in the morning which i ordered on 18th November which is just great and i used it though just after heading shower, the cool air mode works great, with this function i styled my straight hair in curvy look as they said it does quickly set style with a shine.
TP mode has bit warm and gentle air flow which dries hair without causing any damage.
the upper most hot and strong air flow mode is best for fast drying when you run out of time and have to rush then its the best mode, within a minute it totally dries your hair, it does not tangle your hair and make them rough.
no burning smell was coming while using this product.
awesome product, thank you amazon. :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 November 2017
Awesome and easy to use & it have 2 year Guarantee, cold air option is also hot air but not much hot
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 17 October 2017
Nice product in this budget but cool air settings is not working well. Cool air is normal Nd hot air settings is working well. Otherwise Product is very nice.
on 1 September 2017
Good dryer but not great. Works efficiently. But the cool mode actually gives warm air. That's the only problem I have with it. Would recommend this product.
on 1 October 2017
The product it as shown in the picture. It is a little small but good
review imagereview imagereview image
on 3 October 2016
Philips Essential Care Dryer HP8120 (Pink)

Update on earlier review- After having used this for weeks now I can say that is if anyone (including me) was not wowed with this product then we've been using it wrong. So the cool setting is actually soft gentle and barely warm air which dries without damage. People need to stop complaining about this not giving cool air- it's a hair dryer not an air conditioner. The TP (thermaprotect) setting is high power air but it's not super hot so it's preventing heat damage to your hair and this is what I frequently use, especially if I'm giving myself a blow dry. The highest setting dries hair in seconds to minutes, its such a high power hot air blast I think it would be a wonder to warm up my freezing bed/blanket in the winters. All in all 3 wonderful settings for all purposes.

Earlier review
This is cute, foldable, perfectly sized for travel or home with a long cord and can also be hung due to the sturdy plastic toggle. I love the light blush pink colour and I love the extra nozzle it comes with which I use when blow drying my hair (otherwise I just use it without for a quick dry). Yes the cool button only provides warm-ish air at a lower speed and I don't really see any difference between the TP (Therma protect) and the number 2 (hot air high speed) drying settings, so basically this hair dryer is like a regular hair dryer with 2 speed settings with hot air in both BUT for the price (Rs 855, MRP is 1200) this is a product that is completely bang for its buck. I love it!
on 21 March 2018
Just my honest opinion- this hair dryer feels flimsy, Wonkey and more toy like. The first setting blows warm air at a very very low speed that it is not even sufficient to dry a child’s thin hair, forget about using it on a full grown adults long hair. If you increase the setting to increase the speed then the temperature is awfully hot and and can burn you quite harshly. Not happy with the purchase, my 8 year old hairdryer works far better. Was looking to replace it, but the new one is worse.
This one will have to be kept as a backup incase the old one dies off.
on 10 January 2018
The product is good but the cold shot available is not effective. There is no separate button to enable cold shot. Hot air has 3 levels and cold air comes simultaneously with the hot air. There is no separate switch to enable/disable cold shot, which feels bad. Also, the intensity of the cold air that comes is very low, which can only be felt on the hand and not on the hair.
So, if you are looking for a normal hair dryer then go for it but if you need a cold shot, then you need to rethink about this choice as in this case, it would surely disappoint you.