auto-hp family

on 2 February 2018
I had ordered this kit for my son and both of us loved it. The thought that went into the product was amazing and it was a fully planned chemical kit. Around 7 years back I remember talking to a NCERT professor about this idea and how he could enable chemistry labs in rural schools. This was the pretty much the same idea but completely packaged with a lot of thought given to it. Even the booklet is well informing and helps understand not only the experiments but also the concepts. I would rate it close to any of the education toys I have brought from US at almost one-fifth the price. Kudos to Kutuhal on developing this product.

Now for the bad part and why this product is getting a 4. I would have given it a much lower rating had it not been such a wonderful product in the first place. I loved it so much that I ordered another 2 pieces to give as gifts. To start with out of the 2 qty, I only received 1 and had to talk to the Amazon to refund for it. It just happened that my son opened the new box to make sure it had all the parts but to our surprise this was one completely used. The chemical was spilled, the gloves used, the test tubes broken, the litmus paper not available. the burner showing flames. It seemed clearly that this was a returned piece which the seller had redirected. While some of the blame also falls on the customer who used the product and returned it after using it, I think the seller should also ensure that the quality of product is meeting the standard.

If this was my first kit, I would have assumed that the product was of this very quality. So in future, I would suggest that please order the product directly from Kutuhal and not a reseller even if there is a small saving of Rs. 40-50. Trust me the product will pay for itself in the long term for the interest it creates in the learners mind.
on 8 January 2018
Good concept for beginers to learn basics of chemistry. But the contents and quality of packing could have been better. Same is for the quality of glass test tubes. The burner is mentioned to be of glass in the booklet but turned out to be of plastic. The box itself was thin and bend as it could not accomodate the conical flask safely. Was worried a lot that the glass articles would have broken in transit.
Overall an average product.
on 4 November 2015
The kit makes for an exciting & interesting lab setup for my 8th grader son. Packing is poor. Test tube was broken inside the bubble wrap. This could be either because of poor quality of bubble wrap or the cardboard box - They definitely need an upgrade ! Needs more safety instructions for use of H2O2 etc.
on 29 August 2017
The test tube was broken when it arrived, the set seems to be interesting for my son.
on 25 May 2016
Great chemistry set! Kids were excited and it was in perfect condition when delivered.. Nothing broken, nothing missing, all is good.
on 27 August 2015
Amazing package for this price! Would have given 5 stars if all the chemicals would be as strong as they are supposed to be. Some experiments didn't give expected results. But very impressive overall.
on 30 June 2017
The packing was shoddy but thankfully nothing was broken or spilled. The kit itself is very educational amd simple. It even has gloves which make you feel like a true scientist and boost your interest. Very nice for children. This may be the best one for Indians because it is according to 10th CBSE syllabus.
on 23 March 2017
Few of the the articles inside were missing and broken, and hence not upto my expectation.
I do not recommend this product.
on 12 December 2015
I like it this is a very nice kit it contains heavy chemical's and taking precarious and more than 20 experiments THIS IS MY THINK THIS KIT IS VERY LESS PRICE AND NOBODY'S WILLGIVE YOU ON 522 RS.
on 28 June 2017
Provides some basics on chemistry experiments