Top positive review
Review after 1 year of usage.
26 March 2019
1. The design is exceptional! It’s aggressive & futuristic. The contrasting color combination is perfect.
2. The ambient lighting is beautiful. The placement of lights are adequate. It’s extremely appealing. There are 7 colors in total.
3. The performance is satisfying. The travel between physical movement and on-screen movement is perfect. All buttons work precisely. The left and right click buttons need the normal amount of pressure to click. The other buttons however are EXTREMELY easy to click. It feels very satisfying to click it. You will understand this feeling only when you use it. The click sound feedback is very pleasing.
4. The DPI cycling button is very useful. The change in DPI is perfectly noticeable.
5. The cable is of braided type and hence provides good safety. Cable length is adequate.
6. Contoured for thumb on the left side, and for ring finger and pinky on the right side. It helps to have a comfortable placement of your palm on the mouse.
7. The overall grip is comfortable.
8. The whole body is made of plastic. However, only the left and right click buttons (grey colored) have a plastic finish. The body of the mouse (black colored) has a rubberised finish, which feels premium, and provides a comfortable grip.
9. Software provided has several options. It has option to create several profiles as well. So, you can have different profiles for different uses, and change to it depending on your usage. You can also program what the extra 3 buttons do. Overall, an extremely useful software. [Software is available only for Windows. Works on Windows 7, Vista, 8 and 10 - I’ve tested it on all] If you use a Mac, you can use the mouse as is, but you won’t have customisation choices.
10. Good quality mouse mat provided for free. It’s quite large, too.
1. The mouse is quite large. Though it has a good grip and contouring, it’s very difficult to lift the mouse while moving. Most people frequently lift the mouse. I’m one of those people. This becomes quite uncomfortable, because the mouse is large, and due to it’s design, it’s difficult to lift it. After using it for a few months, I have adapted to using it without lifting it much. But I still get a bit annoyed when I have to do it. It’s a minor annoyance.
2. The right and left click buttons require the usual amount of pressure to click. As mentioned before, the other buttons are extremely easy to click. However, it feels like it won’t last long. It feels as though it’s going to come apart after a while. I’m not sure if it’s designed that way intentionally or not. Anyway, so far, nothing has happened.
3. The ambient lighting colors are good. But, the customisation options lack the required control. You can either choose one color to be displayed, or all color to be cycling. I wish we could choose only the colors which we wanted. It’s not a big issue, but, it would’ve been better.
Conclusion: I had this mouse already, given as a gift from my friend. I bought a new one for my cousin. With a small sacrifice in comfort, this mouse is worth buying. This mouse is specifically for RIGHT HANDED people, and those who use single display. If you use multiple displays, you will have to frequently lift the mouse and this becomes an issue. Also, this mouse is not for people with a small palm. I have a huge palm, so this mouse fits perfectly. Don’t buy if you have a small palm. Besides these, I don’t think there’s any other issue worth considering. I would recommend this mouse even with a marginal drop in comfort. You get used to it. And this is totally worth the price. A regular mouse will not provide the features or the precision of a gaming mouse. I would recommend this even for general use, and not merely for gaming. The customisable buttons add to the ease of use and makes it worth using.