Top positive review
Great quality and reasonably priced headphones, Balanced sound, Very well made,
11 November 2015
2015-Nov-10 . Item Ordered on 7th and delivered on 9th. Amazing service by Amazon.
* One headphone
* One travel pouch: Useful for keeping things organised.
* Converter for input is attached to headphone. Remove it by unscrewing it to reveal the 3.5 mm connector.
* Usual papers for information etc.
+ Great sound quality, sound is crisp and different instruments can be heard distinctly.
+ Very comfortable, Not heavy, (Compared to my Philips SHP2700), I feel that we can wear it for hours but need more time to say that or sure.
+ Good external sound isolation, Observed that my own voice was heard muffled when wearing this. Sound isolation is not like the in-ear phones though,
+ Works fine with phone output. LG-G2 was able to drive it comfortably.
+ Nice long good quality cable. comes with converter bit for using with high powered amps. The converter is screw on type so no problems with connection getting loose there.
+ Great shipment speed, packing, and handling by Amazon. though i wish Amazon would reduce the size of packaging boxes. This one came in quite big box with bags of air for protection.
- Non detachable cable (higher end ones in this M series have detachable cable with a choice of cables given)
None that I have observed at the moment
- Not comfortable with the open wire in the sides, I'm afraid it might get cut by mistake.
* Some people mention the 3 meter long cable as a CON but I knew that feature when we bought it and if the cable is tied in loop near the connector then it doesn't matter much. Also people tend to complain about the short cables too. Its there, keep it tied up if you don't need it, no need to worry too much about it *
This is my second mid-high end headphone. I have one Klipshe S4 (in ear type, great sound isolation, amazing sound) and few other normal ones like Philips SHP2700, Ultimate ears BT Wireless etc.
A friend of mine was having a very high opinion regarding Audio Technica ATH-M20X Professional Studio Monitor Over-ear Headphones (Black) when we were talking about another headphone . I wasn't on the market to buy a headphone but I looked at the ATH-M20X reviews and on-line offers for far too long and developed a "buy fever" for headphones. Some of the Youtube reviews that i looked at are given below. They helped me in understanding and choosing the model.
* ATH-M20X : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfT0oGWTnw
* M20X Unboxing: The M30X box is similar as this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3CLchodBo
* Comparison of various M series headphones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-I_o9PLtM
I went for the M30X rather than my initial choice of M20X due to
* Good Amazon deals reduced the price difference between 20X and 30X
* 30X are supposed to be more comfy and a bit premium feeling compared to 20X. but not much difference though. I was thinking it'll have leather ear pads but not sure about that. Seems normal PU type.
* More fold able design than M20X . Useful in case I want to travel with these.
I'll add any additional updates later if something comes up. I think others have better comments and reviews on sounds and performance on various types of songs.
I am not much into songs and have little understanding of music. But I do believe that good equipment can make average stuff better and good stuff sound great.
Someday I may look to buy one of those headphone amps to check out what improvements they bring about in sound. This FiiO E06 Portable Headphone Amplifier looks interesting at the moment. its getting recommended for most headphone I look at.
Attaching pics of the unboxing and headphone for reference in case someone is looking for layman's pics. Pics taken in evening using mobile, so some of the darker ones have been "auto-levelled" to improve details.