Top positive review
Best beginners Video fluid head, but take care to read instructions completely, esp - How to Mount! :)
10 October 2015
About the product -
this is my first video tripod, bought it to use on my benro tripod legs..and it worked fine, absolutely good for video panning, tilt, esp at this price range...had done several videos and I've no problem with it, except that I need little more practice to have more smooth pan to tilt to pan shots.
I'm attaching a sample video for your reference, note I"d almost have more than a decade experience in photography + video but this video head can be helpful even if you are a novice photo/video person..
however, I'd faced an unexpected problem!..in fact it is the only problem I had with this FH, solved later but I think I should share it so it can be helpful...
to get into details, the Video head stuck with tripod and was not coming out of it, despite hours of attempts...I'd to go through several forums, few videos(not many found on youtube)!...still couldn't fix..the VH keeps moving but not able to unscrew from tripod legs!...
this is what I did to unscrew, but in-vain(of course, these are also the basic ways you need to follow to remove a fluid-head from tripod) :
1) open in anti-clockwise direction
2) tried different angles - rightangle, reverse etc..
3) Tightened the panning knob, put all my strength to open it, still no use..
4) removed the three screw nuts that are at the bottom of the head(3 screws are parts of tripod 4th/center column), the manfrotto video head keeps rotating on the tripod but not able to unscrew!!..
This was how it finally worked:
1) kept back the 3 screws the Tripod center column comes with & completely tighten the three set screws from the bottom of the mounting plate.
2) used pliers to completely tighten the panning knob, rather with hand.
3) Turned the manfrotto video-head by placing it inside the tripod, with some extra force in anti-clockwise direction.
4) It finally worked, and the fluid head came out from the tripod legs.
1) follow tripod legs and manfrotto video head instructions before connecting or removing. I didn't remove the tripod screws rather directly inserted the fluid head, please don't do this way!
2) wrap the panning wheel/knob with some cloth while trying to use pliers.
3) don't completely turn/tighten fluid head assuming to perfectly fit inside with the tripod legs, rather rotate it until the head rests up against the tripod then tighten with the screws the tripod plate comes with, ie from the bottom.
About Amazon & the Seller:
I'd to place replacement order on the first Order, as the first Fluid head had Manfrotto logo missing + the video head's fluid is leaking out from the right side wall, which I felt bit disappointing, but Amazon customer support was so helpful that they immediately took my note and with no further questions initiated the replacement process.. The second one was in good condition, totally new, nothing missing, though it delayed a bit, I was happy with the follow-up service esp with the website track order feature..