auto-hp mens fashion family

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 29 January 2015
I bought this for my wife about 6 months back on a lightning deal of around Rs.1400. So, I hope I can give you a long term perspective on it, from a man's point of view :) Also, in our house pretty much everything tech kind of goes through me, so I am the one who is the "analyst", so I will add that bit too.

So, first I bought this over another model (8310), purely because it had longer heating plates, which if you have used hair straightener's you know are better; you get more hair in. This is what you would find in Salon's.

The Good
+ Very reliable. Wife has been using this since the time I bought this and no complaints ever.
+ Higher Temperature. Means, you get straightened hair faster and better. But this is also a minus, which I will tell you below.
+ Auto shutoff. In case you forget to switch it off, it does switch off automatically after an hour. Haven't needed to use this feature but it's a good feature nevertheless.
+ Fast heating. In combination with the higher temperature, the fast heating helps in getting ready quickly. Know this, for men this is a big big feature :)
+ Cord length is sufficient
+ Ion. Okay, seriously it sounds like advertising mumbo-jumbo but it's quite amazing, the hair does have lustrous shine. And just that is worth the money.
+ Salon look. When they say salon look, make no mistake this product does deliver. And it saves money, every time :)

The Bad
- No heat pouch. Not a big deal for us but keep that in mind. You can however, lock the plates.
- No temperature control. Not a big deal again, but if you have thin hair you might want to get a model with temperature control; this model is not recommended for thin hair. Philips does make temperature control models, but they are obviously more expensive.

All in all, I highly recommend this and so does my wife. It's a great product to own and easy to use. Though, after we bought this, there was the Air straightener, which was available too, which combines a drier and straightener, which you might want to look as well. However, as a straightener, this model is definitely recommended. If you are man gifting this to your wife/girl friend, you can also look at the Multi-styler.

I hope this review helped and if it did, please click Yes below. Encourages me to write reviews like this :)
38 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 December 2015
I have tried other brands as well for hair straighterners and dryers but philips always tops my list coz of the price and the quality of their products. But this one here somehow does not makes me feel satisfied. Though the design and material is fine, its easy to use and quite light in the weight as well but everytime i use it, there is more hair fall and hair does not come out that straight. Often hair strands gets trapped in the edges of the machine which results in too much breakage. So works just OK for me.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2014
This straightener came to me by serendipity. I was actually searching for a high power (1500W+) "dual voltage" hair dryer, when I stumbled upon and bought a Philips HP8299 dryer+straightener set, consisting of Philips HP4935 dryer and this (HP8315) straightener. This set was advertised as "dual voltage," but only the HP8315 straightener was dual, not the dryer. After 2 months of commotion, the hideous merchant (Infibeam) did not accept the return, but Philips was kind enough to take the product back. But, my most important learning was that the HP8315 straightener supported dual voltage (110-240V). Amazon gave me an awesome deal of ~ Rs. 1400/- (MRP is Rs. 2,395/-) that I couldn't resist. I have a Farouk Chi straightener I bought from the US, but it's single voltage (110V). The Philips HP8315 is better (yet, cheaper) than the Chi, because the former has an Ion conduction technology, which leaves the hair shiny and smooth. The Chi and regular non-Ion straighteners will straighten and flatten your hair with a dull/matte finish, but the Philips Ion keeps the hair full and maintains the volume with shine. Definitely, worth the buy. Additionally, Philips offers a 2-year "worldwide" warranty!
One person found this helpful
on 16 June 2015
Bought it for my wife and she said that it misses the vital characteristic of temperature control; this could be damaging to hair. The plates too, though wide, don't have much length causing you to just use the front of the straightener.
Returned the item.
on 6 March 2014
My wife is very happy with such wonderful gift. It works as expected and gives very good results. Very quick in heating and straightening. Adds a good shine to hair which makes them more beautiful.
Very good and value for money product.

No control over the temperature if you need it.

No "heat pouch for safety" was in the packaging.
on 13 November 2014
works really nice
very good product for home use
before using watch videos of this on youtube
and use themoprotecter for your hair before using this so that your hair will remain sage from heating effect of it and damage from it.
on 25 March 2014
I like this product as it give a perfect straight look to my hairs. it heat up quickly and is of very light weight . It just takes 15 minutes to get perfectly straight hairs. Though my hair are very heavy and wavy. Thanks amazon for delivering this wonderful product .
One person found this helpful
on 5 March 2014
A nice product from amazon..the packaging was superb no damage at all,Regarding the straightener hairs become smooth n silky get straightened entirely,but the flaw is does not stay straight longer max to max 2 days not more than that,temperature is really good...Overall a nice product worth for the money..

2 people found this helpful
on 14 June 2015
The straighter is pretty good for the price. Heats up fast. Extremely useful for ladies on the 'go'. Does not harm the hair if used correctly. My wife's completely happy and enjoying it!
on 20 June 2015
I bough this a month ago and it is an excellent product. It takes just about 15 minutes to style my hair. Although the product would have been much better if it had a temperature control setting. It heats up very fast so one has to repeatedly switch it off.
The item was packed very well and I got it within four days.
Thank you, Amazon.