Top critical review
Very good metal construction
27 November 2017
1. Very good metal construction.
2. All four volume controls work perfect. Both left and right channels have same volume level at any volume setting.
3. 12 V adapter is provided.
4. Comes with three-year warranty from Behringer.
5. This amplifier takes only a little signal from original device and amplifies the signal thereby reducing load to the original device and also provides analog volume control.
1. Provides only little volume gain. Not Behringer's fault. There is a standard gain level which should not be exceeded for headphone level. Device is designed to take headphone level in and give headphone level out so we can imagine how much additional gain they are supposed to provide. It is good for headphone splitter with dedicated volume controls for individual channel rather than actual headphone amplifier.
2. Need to use quarter inch to 3.5 mm adapter to connect to headphones. In many cases, adapters will be faulty and wont make good contacts. Changing adapters will solve problem.
3. Should use shielded input wire, which is not provided. If properly shielded wire is not used, lot of hissing sound will come. If properly shielded wire is used hissing sound will come only if we turn gain knob all the way up (above 90% which is acceptable). If input device is computer or smartphone, do not use big wire for input, weight of which might damage socket.
4. Wont provide enough power for high impedance headphones.
5. Sometimes just getting a low impedance headphones with bigger drivers might provide sufficient volume without the need for this amplifier, but not all headphones will be lightweight or comfortable to use.