auto-hp family womens-fashion

Customer reviews

on 5 April 2016
From the time I follow this 'Curly Poet' on instagram I developed a fondness for his pieces; short, sweet and very firm. Inevitably as my friendship deepened, I started following all his poems, and when 'The broken boat' saw the light of the day, I was convinced to buy this immediately.

“The Broken Boat” definitely a sojourn through the dark alleys of our societal normative structures and underbelly of the patriarchal hegemony existing in the milieu we survive. It sometimes questions the very belief systems and shakes it to make one realise about the melancholia and mourning of the bleak unresolved societal conundrum. In a fiercely beguiling way, Nitin upholds what one must ponder anew. ‘Oh, ugly woman’, or ‘Whose Blemish’ or for that matter ‘Black Woman’ have impacted immensely with footprints on my cerebral abilities. Nitin skilfully resurrects and autopsies the nuanced darker grey corners of existence which not only a poetry enthusiast/connoisseur will be fond of but any cognizant citizen will take pride in reconstructing his belief system.

Shine on boy. Much love !!!
on 13 January 2016
i have known Nitin for sometime but i never knew this face of his.. the poet.. curly poet.. presenting the daily struggles.. the life specially through the eyes of a woman , lady , mother ... a baby girl in the womb ... it captures the emotions in a subtle way and keeps you pondering as to why... my best wishes to him to keep writing more and more and i can see him shining brighter... as a male writer i can understand it is not easy to empathize and bring out emotions from the counterpart.. Woman the most beautiful creation of God... the poem "Even She" brings out the sad state we as male dominated society have pushed them "The Most Beautiful Creation". "Womb to Tomb" is a sad reality... "Poor Mother" is another good one to name a few... best of luck bro for future... keep writing...!!!
on 28 December 2015
The Curly Poet is just wow.. Outstanding display of magnificent poetic talent.. The Broken Boat is highly recommended read..
on 30 December 2015
I know this guy since like forever. Not everyone knows what odds he faced through out his life to reach at this point. English was never his first language and he had been accused for this many times. I never saw this guy giving up! Never found him sitting idle and doing nothing! Coming from a background no one can ever imagine and reaching to heights not just heights but beating the s*** out of people who once accused him, always criticise him for his efforts. He not just proved himself right in the eyes of his haters but also proved people "right" who always supported him. Nitin is an inspiration for those who feel rejected by the society and their filthy mindset. He is a truly role model and a person who is always connected to roots. His first debut poetry collection is a true reflection of his hardwork. He observed before he pen down his emotions. "LAALI" is one of his best creation; lines that took my heart away-
My Mother
Told me that
I was born
Into blood
From blood.
Pure red
There is depth, Intensity, knowledge, grim, sarcasm, urge for betterment. Can this be jot down any better in just few lines? I don't think so. You won't be thinking the same once you read a portion of his collection. Do read "The Broken Boat". Immensely motivated work done by nitin soni. Do give it a read. It's actually a worth reading. Bang on nitin soni! Keep up the good work.
on 3 January 2016
Poetry books are fast becoming a rare breed and usually tend to disappoint. Hence it is with apprehension that I picked up a copy of the Broken Boat expecting the same old. But all through 56 pages, I was taken on a ride of raw emotions- sadness, joy, lust, love, hatred and malice, often mixed with one another. Nitin Soni turns a mirror towards our society and shows us the side of it which we tend to conveniently ignore. From abortion to rapes, from violence to intolerance, the anthology touches upon many of the modern issues quite passionately. The language is unapologetic, the verse unconstrained and the impact powerful. It doesn't take a connoisseur or an enthusiast to appreciate this, all it needs is a beating heart which is alternatively stung and caressed by the author's words to create an unforgettable effect. Soulful, stirring and pure magic-this is the epitome of modern poetry at its brilliant best.
on 17 January 2016
The Broken Boat is a fantastic amalgamation of the happenings in today's day and age. Around us, along the fringes of inhumanity, beyond the hushed whispers of secrecy, and sometimes openly in a society no longer ashamed. This is a collection that will make you think, feel, lament, and celebrate in ways you may not fully expect.

Often surreal, at times subtle, and yet loud enough for your conscience to listen, this is a collection of modern (often) and traditionally looped (at times) poetry that effectively brings out a hidden soul within the poems.

This one is as real as it gets, and yet it manages to fly high thorough its literary trajectory. Go for it, especially if you don't mind exercising your mind.
on 28 April 2016
An amazing collection of poems, a must read for all the poem lovers. The book sings about the problems that are common in today's society. The author Nitin Soni has depicted the suffering of womankind in such a unique way, that the reader himself/ herself gets forced to read the same poem again and again. Each line of every page has a meaning which is deep and creates an urge to think on such critical topics. From heart break to rekindled love, the book has every form of love and beautifully recites about it, and teaches us the true essence of life.
Words that touched me:
MY WOUNDS ARE HUMAN
HUMANITY IS WOUNDED
I just cannot get these lines out of head since the day I read them. A must read.
Thumbs up @The Curly Poet
Inspiring work <3
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 January 2016
Finally I got my copy @thecurlypoet.
You always inspire me. Your words, your writings
'TO A GIRL' is one of my favorite poems In dis book!
Keep writing like this.. Hope to have a copy of ur debut novel sooooon 😇😇
All the best 😀😊
on 21 April 2016
When you have a hobby of reading and you come across this type of book, you know you are in heaven. Every line makes you happy. Melancholy, rape, racism, love etc. So deeply expressed. Every poem is so good. But you can relate yourself to some of them.It's a pleasure to read it. And for a surprise I have 2 books. One signed. ❤ It's a treat. To the people who love reading, I suggest you this. Do read this. And thank you Nitin a.k.a The Curly Poet. This is amazing. Keep up the good work. ☺☺😘
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 December 2015
56 pages of well captured emotions in powerful words....beautifully written... I hope this broken boat will sail through a voyage and win lots of hearts..!!