moshi ClearGuard FS (full size) for Apple Keyboard
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Made with durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane.
- Measures 0.1mm thin (one-fifth the thickness of silicone protectors).
- High precision molding; 100% form fitted to Apple keyboard keys.
- Completely washable with water (or mild detergent).
- High transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Moshi ClearGuard FS (full size) for Apple Keyboard Made with durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane. Measures 0.1mm thin (one-fifth the thickness of silicone protectors). High precision molding; 100% form fitted to Apple keyboard keys. Completely washable with water (or mild detergent). High transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Washes up easily and well. The only complain I have is that on the most used keys, the cover is starting to darken. Over the command key in particular is quite grey, no longer clear. The keyboard underneath the cover is still spotless, perfectly clean—but the cover has slightly darkened in the places I use the most, I guess. I washed the cover by hand, thinking it was dirty—but that didn't help.
So overall, if you're looking to protect the keyboard, great; it works. Be prepared for a bit of wear within a few months, resulting in grey shadows in the places you use most. It doesn't make it unusable. This is just a slight disappointment, so 4 stars instead of 5.
* It made me feel like I had to hit keys much harder and I was worried I would hurt my wrists
* It made it much easier to press two side-by-side keys simultaneously, which I do a lot, so it made my error rate go up a lot
* It completely changed the feel of pressing a key. Normally the keys press straight down all at once, being rigid and flat. With this protector on, the protector flexes and so pressing a key feels like squishing your hand into foam—the key doesn't depress nearly as evenly.
* It doesn't stay on perfectly—I don't think there's anything Moshi can really do about this, it's just that the Apple keyboard is very thin and it's very easy for sticky hands to lift this protector off the keyboard.
Many of these problems could theoretically be fixed by making the part of the protector that covers the top of each key rigid, like by including a tiny square of hard plastic. Unfortunately I have a feeling this would make the protector less durable (since the plastic could rip the rubber) and more expensive than the keyboard itself.
I would advise getting the app Keyboard Cleaner (just blacks out the screen and grabs keyboard input so you don't have to worry about accidental typing while cleaning) and just cleaning your keyboard regularly.
Two year later, it is still protecting my keyboards. This was the best investment I made to protect the keyboard.