Top positive review
Low Price with Powerful Battery Performance
5 May 2019
Planning to buy Redmi 7? Read my review & decide yourself, if it satisfies your needs.
Bought Redmi 7 in First sale, sharing my experience as below:
Before that, if buying 2 GB, I'd suggest, at least go for 3 GB Ram variant by adding extra 1k, as in 2 GB MIUI is heavy, itself consumes more than 1 GB Ram.
- 10 watt charger,
- USB Cable,
- Sim Insertion tool,
- Back cover.
- PERFORMANCE (4/5):
Snapdragon 632 Processor: Before this, on REDMI series SoC's were not that powerful, mostly using 4XX series, but now performance of SD 632 is good.
- BATTERY LIFE (5/5):
4000 mAh: I just love Xiaomi, when it comes to battery performance, in moderate use which easily last for a day, In light usage, it lasts over a day and half. 7-8 hrs SOT. To charge from 0-100, it takes 2:20 hrs time.
- CAMERA (4/5):
12MP+2MP Rear camera: which clicks above average pics in good lighting conditions. Colors looks natural.
8 MP Front Camera: Edge detection is good.
- IR Blaster.
- Dedicated SD card support, but still all apps are not movable to SD card.
- Gorilla Glass 5, LED notification.
- Dual VoLTE.
- Fingerprint is fast & responsive.
- Though PUBG works in medium setting, but it crashed few times. So, have to play in low settings.
- Under direct sunlight, screen looks dull, even with 100% brightness.
- Screen is HD+ 720p. Not Full HD.
- Plastic body.
- Low light camera performance is not upto mark.
- No EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization).
- Widevine level L3: no HD content streaming from Netflix/Amazon prime, but it's ok at this price range.
- Ads ;) but you can turn it off, in setting, just turn off "Show recommended content".
Still, Redmi 7 is good device which you can consider while buying for average daily usage.
If you are tight on budget, it is value for money. You can buy it.
Suggestion: If you can spend some extra amount, I'd suggest, Redmi Note 7 is far better than Redmi 7 at 10k, with Better SoC Snapdragon 660, Camera, Screen resolution, glass back, Quick charge.
Other suggestions: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, Realme 3.
Hope my review "HELPS" for your decision.