Top positive review
A flagship design & unique display at a budget price range!!
23 June 2019
READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY M40.
Hey, guys bought this phone in the second sale and I have bought the seawater blue variant (6GB RAM + 128GB ROM) which is priced for Rs 19990.
*It comes in a typical Samsung packaging and inside the box you will get the M40, Charging brick, USB Type C cable, Type C earphones, user manual, Sim ejector pin. (images attached)
*Build quality of the phone is good it is having a good finishing and the form factor of this phone is also very compact and lightweight with the thickness of 7.9mm and weighing 168 grams.
*The rear panel of M40 looks similar to the previous M series phones, the seawater blue variants looks great and if you want a deep colour then you can go for the deep blue variant. The rear side of this phone attracts fingerprint and dust easily it will be better to use with a back cover.
*In the rear panel, you will get the fingerprint scanner, triple camera setup (it is placed on top left corner).
*In the front you will get the punch hole display like S10 and there is no earpiece but you will get the On Screen Sound technology which means the sound is delivered from under display (this is done to reduce the bezels).
*In the top there is secondary noise cancellation mic and in the bottom type C port and the speaker grill is placed.
DISPLAY used in M40 is FHD+ display and the viewing experience is great well many people are disappointed that AMOLED is not used, the AMOLED display is missing to reduce the cost of this phone. On-screen sound technology is used to increase the screen to body ratio.
*As said earlier the viewing angles are great and under the sunlight, the display is crisp and sharp. It is also having widevine L1 certification with the help of that you can stream HD contents in Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.
PERFORMANCE this the first Samsung M phone to feature Snapdragon 675 & it is clocked at 2 GHz, it is having 6GB RAM and it makes multitasking on this phone very snappy.
GAMING EXPERIENCE nowadays we are very obsessed with PUBG Mobile (Default settings is HD Graphics with high frame rate) and the gameplay is quite good without any frame drops Screenshot attached. Other games like Asphalt 8 & 9 works great
SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE Out of the box you will get the One UI and Android Pie in this phone as the One UI is very well optimized you will get good user experience. There are few pre-installed apps like Daily hunt, Helo you can uninstall them easily. Features of One UI like Blue Light filter is missing but with future software updates, it might get added in this phone.
STORAGE it is having a storage of 128 GB according to me for an individual it is quite enough for downloading Series, Music, storing photos, movies etc and if you want to expand the storage you can extend it up to 512 GB with Micro SD card.
SOUND OUTPUT from the speaker grill is crisp & clear and sound from On screen sound during the calls are great.
LETS TALK ABOUT ITS CAMERA it features a triple rear camera with 32-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with a 123-degree FoV, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. You can also record videos with the wide-angle camera this feature is not available in flagships like OnePlus 7 Pro.
It clicks great photos in daylight and in low light the picture quality is great & it does not struggle in low light like other budget segment cameras. (Added few camera samples)
In the front, there is a 16 Megapixel camera which is present in the punch hole display and it takes good selfies.
The autofocus is quite fast and the shutter speed is fast too. Switching to a wide angle lens is very easy with just a tap of the button.
BATTERY PERFORMANCE—It is loaded with 3500 mAh battery which can last for the whole day if you are a normal user and if you are a gamer then at the end of the day you might end up charging up the phone. But with basic usage, the battery will last for the whole day.
It comes with a 15w charging adapter and it can charge up the phone from 0% to 100% in 1hr 30 mins.
Now let me start with the pros and cons of this device:-
1) It comes with a punch hole display (infinity O) which flagships like S10 is having and it looks great.
2) On-screen sound technology the sound comes from the display, as a result, there are less bezels.
3) The triple rear camera and the photos clicked are of great quality.
4) You can also record videos with the wide angle lens (which is currently not present in many flagships).
5) You can get chicken dinner easily with this phone Adreno 612 helps to get good performance in gaming.
6) It comes with a widevine L1 certification many budget segment phones fail to deliver this feature.
7) Dolby Atmos, NFC is present.
8) You are getting the latest software Samsung ONE UI & Android Pie.
9) It supports fast charging and in the box, you are getting a fast charger.
10) Snapdragon 675 and 6 GB RAM which gives a good day to day performance.
11) Internal Storage is 128GB which is enough for storing movies, songs, photos etc.
12) It is very lightweight and slim(168 gms & 7.9MM thick).
13) It comes with a hybrid sim slot.
14) The seawater blue looks great and premium.
15) With the brand value of Samsung the after sales service is also great.
16) There are many launch offers from many operators.
1) Well Samsung has ditched 3.5mm jack but in the box, you are getting a type C earphones, there will be a problem for those people who are willing to use their old 3.5mm earphones, you need to buy an extra type C to 3.5mm adapter which is not that comfortable.
2) The rear side attracts dust, fingerprints and it is prone to scratches better to buy a back cover to save the rear side of your from scratches or falls.
3) It comes with a few pre-installed apps like Daily hunt, Helo but you can uninstall them easily.
If you want a budget phone with infinity O display, good camera, fast charging, Great software & good performance then you can buy this phone without giving a second thought.
Thank you for reading my review.