Top positive review
REVIEW FOR MI A2
9 October 2018
After having used this phone for a month, writing this review:
1. CAMERA - the camera quality is absolutely mind blowing. the dual camera setup of 20+12 is the best in the price segment and also unmatched by any higher priced phone except for the One Plus 6. The low light pictures are pretty sharp and there is hardly any noise in the photos. the only place where the One Plus 6 beats the Mi A2 is the dynamic range, but editing the pictures in Snapseed, the levels feel at par, with the Mi A2 producing better saturated photos in daylight conditions.
2. PROCESSOR- This phone feel FAST. the new Snapdragon 660 shows the raw juice it gives to the phone. combined with the 4GB of RAM. heavy multi-tasking, split screen usage, playing heavy duty games, none ot it heats up the phone or makes it lag. The fingerprint scanner is so quick that at times its annoying that on a slight nanosecond touch accidentally the phone unlocks.
3. BATTERY - Before I bought the phone i read a lot of youtube reviewers spew nonsense about how crap the battery life is, and how it will not give more than 3-4 hours of On-screen time. I have been using it for a month now, and after watching HD vidoes, gaming, Video Calling and using heavy social media apps, I get around 7 hours on an average on cellular data. On wifi, one single charge gives upto 8.5 hours of On-screen time which is absolutely crazy, given that the battery is a 3010mAh battery.
4. SOUND - The grilled speaker at the bottom is enough to drown a small room and does not distort the sound quality. On headphones, its pretty decent too ( recommended to invest 3k in a proper headphone if you're hoping to squeeze out the maximum out of this phone's audio capacities. )
5. STOCK ANDROID - It's clean, its crispy, its fast. I love it. Stock Android fans, will love it too. And, yeah we are getting Android Pie in all probabilities by the end of this year.
Now coming to the cons-
1. no dedicated headphone jack- though i dont miss it but at times while traveling when my phone is running out of juice and im charging it on the go, i wish the headphone jack was there so that i could listen to a Spotify playlist and relax.
2. aggressive RAM management - some apps are killed a bit too fast for my liking when not in use. but they open pretty fast again so its not much of an issue.
3. no fast charger - now this is one thing i wish Xaomi had done better. this phone supports QuickCharge 4.0+, while we are getting a normal 10W charger. the average charging time is 1 hours 20 minutes. I would recommend everyone to wait for 2-3 months to buy a certified 4.0+ Charger is released, instead of buying a QuickCharge 3.0 charger right now.
Overall rating from me: 9/10.
This phone is as good as it gets.