Top critical review
Above average at best. Read before you buy!
30 October 2018
Update 9: After 6 months of consistent use. Before i begin i must tell i come from the family of bands which were pretty low end. For example i have used mi band - 1 to 3, honor band 3. Plus, newest honor band 4. I have had some experience with the fitness products. So, I decided to make a big jump to this top product offered by fitbit. Here is my detailed review
- Beautiful Sceen quality. Screen is gorgeous, it will turn heads for sure.
- 15 Exercise modes - As fitbit is a company dedicated to fitness, they know their genre. That's why the fitness tracking features are diverse. From yoga to walk to run to weights, you will find everything. This is the best feature i would say.
- Customisable watch faces. Here you can set your favourite pictures as the watch face. Plus there is literally 100s of faces available.
- Pretty accurate heart rate monitor
- The sleep tracking is amazing. The best in the market. The best. Trust me.
- Clean and impressive UI. The UI is pretty solid. You will love the fluid design and the way icons move on the screen.
- Automatic tracking of exercise is a plus.
- Battery is pretty okay. You will get around 5 days if you switch off notifications else around 3, 3.5 days.
- pretty light weight on wrist.
- You can store music on the device. But i would say this feature is so redundant these days because of music streaming devices. Fitbit should come up with e-sim version, which will enable the fitbit to access the internet and stream music.
- Very poor step counter- Seriously this is a huge turn off for me. Even if you are lying on the bed, it will register some 10-20 steps. While routine activties such as wearing shirts, combing etc, it will register some 40-50 steps. This was never the case with honor and mi bands. Even Honor band 4 doesn't make the same mistake (which is 2.5k).
On an average, watch would be either inflate 150 steps in 10 minutes walk. Or sometimes under report. Plus while driving or travelling, you will notice steps added to counter. For example, some +80 steps for a 10 minutes ride(It is way too much for me). I don't know whats going on there. So, if you want to track walk/run/movements, i would suggest you look somewhere else.
- Fitbit pay isn't available in India yet. So, no point giving away 17+k for a watch feature that you can not use.
- Very limited applications are supported. There is extreme shortage of applications which are supported in 'fitbit os' universe. For a device that is this expensive, it should atleast have a well developed market and apps. You don't have official google fit linking capabilities.
- Build quality could have been better.
I hope this review helps you. Kindly upvote my review if it helped. Thank you!