auto-hp family womens-fashion

Customer reviews

on 20 February 2017
Amazon service: I pre-ordered this book last week. Perfect delivery, 5/5.

I received this book today (20.02.2017) 11 am and finished by 10:30 pm same day. Yes, I did had a lunch break and dinner. Being a Civil Engineer myself I do envy Sreedharan’s achievements. Here I write about the book only.

Summary:7/10
Could have been better edited. But if you find Indian Railway fascinating and Delhi Metro gorgeous, you ought to read the story of E. Sreedharan. Would be a great gift to someone who needs shots of motivation and determination. The author has shared enough of real life stories that people actually look for in biographies. Specially the stories about how E. Sreedharan dealt with politicians and babus. And there are lot of things to inspire people. Specially those who are honest and find it difficult to survive in the real imperfect world.

For people who like to go in details:

Pros:
India’s Railway Man will easily qualify as semi-Autobiography there are ample accounts in the words of Sreedharan himself. Though this makes reader going back and forth, but still it is interesting to read Metro Man’s entire life – from a humble beginning to an engineer from so-so college to Indian Railway Services, to uncountable transfers to making of a great technocrat to 22 years long Kolkata metro project to – obvious Konkan Railway and Delhi Metro… and it is this 85 year old man behind restructuring of Railways recently by Suresh Prabhu.

Content of the book is heavily researched and authentic. Writing style is fast paced and entertaining. There is something worth learning in every page (as I can see some underlined sentences in each page, yes, I always use a pen when I read ;P). Reading the book was like travelling in Duranto express till first 190 pages, I could read in one go. After that a chapter (I think it was too long) on spirituality came and I had to take a break.

Cons:
Last quarter of the book looks put together hastily, with lots of small sections and couple of places contents are repeated. At places the details goes too much into official communications, and that may inhibit interest of readers. If biography is about understanding a person, then in my opinion more than necessary space has been devoted to discussion Bagwad Gita (If I have to learn Gita, I would read Gita). There is very little on the person front of Sreedharan’s family life. I wish if the author had started the story with ‘First day with Sree…” and then the story had unfolded.

*Just came to know that there is another biography on Sreedharan titled ‘Karmayogi’.
on 14 May 2017
A gripping glimpse of a life of modern India's TECHNOCRAT who changed the culture of Indian infrastructure sector. E. Sreedharan belongs to a rare breed of modern day nation builders who strives to put the country's reputation on the world map and made them believe in awe that India is capable of pulling rare engineering feats and marvels. Hats off , truly a legendary soul .
on 22 June 2017
I have been a great fan of Dr. Sreedharan, and it is obvious that I will love such a work. I highly recommend it to everyone, even if they may not be having much interest in public sector projects and all that jazz. The fire this man has gone through will be inspiring enough to anyone, and this book, specially at this low a price, will definitely be a source of immense inspiration to anyone who takes it up. I only wish, that the Delhi Metro story was taken up in far more detail, but perhaps that is left for yet another book :)
on 30 November 2017
An useful biography but could have been edited better. Has too much stress on general issues of the Indian Railway and less on its subject.
on 9 December 2017
Is a decent account of Sh. Sreedharan life...
(Would have really liked to read more on Delhi Metro project and challenges)
on 23 June 2017
Good Book to read. It is well and good for civil engineering college students for reading.
on 13 October 2017
I read this book every day while going to office. Every day I was filled with such a positive energy to approach the work.

Very good story telling by the writer.
It's sure a page turner.
on 16 June 2017
A well written book, bringing some new facts to light.
on 23 October 2017
Excellent book...
Must read...
on 21 February 2017
The book deserves 5 stars, but the kindle edition does not have the photographs posted by the author. This is poor from amazon and the publisher. This should be rectified, and I will buy the paperback. Amazon should contact the publisher and ensure that the kindle edition does not omit photographs!