Top critical review
A budget friendly chimney, avoid if budget allows.
28 January 2018
First some background.
I ordered this online because this appeared as a 'value for money' buy and there were no budget friendly alternatives available at local stores at my hometown. Installation and pipe costed another Rs 1400. Therefore the expectations were minimum.
Delivery of this product was as communicated, even the installation was done within a day. So no concerns on those front as well.
- Budget friendly.
- All steel construction so it is easy to clean.
- Has a baffle. At this price point, getting a chimney with a baffle is rare. Lights included.
- The build quality is flimsy. Buttons do not match to their groove, the top rack (where outlet pipe is situated) is made of very thin sheet of steel and hence bends and vibrates.
- It has 200-300 Watt motor which is not enough for 900 cft of space. The product is advertised on Amazon as sufficient for a 875 cubic feet kitchen. Roughly 9 ft by 8 ft by 11 ft kitchen. The suction power from the motor is insufficient for demanding needs.
- On the very first day the fuse went off. and we had to follow-up for another 3 working day to get it rectified. The installation was done be a authorized technician, hence the fuse error could have been due to the bad quality of the product or technicians fault.
Anyways it has not given any problem since the fuse was replaced in 1st week of Jan.
- Make a lot of sound. For a 200/300 Wt motor, that's lot of noise.
I would still suggest this for a budget friendly pocket.
Update as of 2nd July 2018.
As of today this is 6 months and the product has been repaired twice. This time the motor went off. A complaint has been initiated with Elica. The response on the complaint has been fast and smooth. Waiting for the replacement motor to be delivered in 15 days from now. I will update this post in another 15 days.
Update as of 9th August 2018:
Reduced the rating to 2.
After the motor replacement, tough it runs on all three levels, but there is screeching sound in level 2 & 3. 3 is intolerable. Inspite of dropping a email to Elica (Pune) it has not been fixed. For now, I give-up on this brand and would advice others to stay away from it too. Pathetic quality !!!