Top positive review
22 February 2018
Just Can't Stop Drinking.
After reading and comparing all of the different Organic Matchas, I chose this one as it was a better value and hoped it wasn't a mistake. I WAS RIGHT!!! It's so delicious and smooth and perfect. I've had other Matcha that was not palatable and some that were good, but this one is AWESOME!!
So, I'm a little lazy and couldn't choke down the idea of properly using the bamboo whisk and then having to store it properly. This was waaaaaaaaaay too complicated for me.
This is how I do mine and it whips up a nice frothy cup every time:
Room temp water
Large stainless whisk that fits in mug
Small mesh strainer/sifter
1. Boil water
2. Fill 1/2 of mug capacity with boiling water
3. Fill 1/4 of mug capacity with room temp water
4. Leave remaining 1/4 of mug capacity empty
5. Scoop out some Matcha with spoon and sift over hot water (keep spoon and mesh strainer dry)
6. Put whisk in mug and clasp handle with both flat palms. Then rub back and forth like you're trying to start a fire with a stick. About 5-10 seconds later you'll have produced a nice, thick, creamy foam which signals you are finished!!!
The whole water combo thing (1 part room temp, 2 parts boiling) makes an ideal temp for the tea and you need not check it again and again to be assured of the optimum heat level.
Using a stainless balloon whisk requires a lot less maintenance than a bamboo whisk.
All of these things are likely already on-hand in your kitchen. No need to blow Rs. 2,000/- on a bowl, whisk, whisk stand, or whatever else I saw out there (unless you're actually gonna take the time to actually do some sort of ceremony).
Just give it a try and i am sure you will love this. Hope my review was helpful :)