Top positive review
Worth the money but lacks ....
29 January 2019
Got this from amazon @ 25K whereas at Sony Centre it was 29990/-
I previously owned Sony DAVTZ215 model since 2013(still working) but I decided to upgrade to Blueray model as it have many more features and support HD(mkv) file format and supports ARC and Optical input.
I am an audiophile and researched too much before upgrading and I found that this model is best suited.
Yamaha one didnt have USB input !
I was planning to go for E4100 but the only difference was it supported 4K upscaling and have 2 tallboy speakers but the price didn't justified.
Here is brief review regarding features and sound quality -
It have almost all required connectivity options which an average person look for, supports ARC so the sound quality from TV didnt gets compromised as it did when I used RCA Cables before(red and white copper cable).
If you have Bravia it will work flawlessly. Bravia sync works fine, you can use single remote to operate most of functions.
Bluetooth works well.
Only lacks HDMI input but it doesnt matter as you can connect with HDMI ARC/Optical cable.
Sound Quality -
Well I am little disappointed in this, not gonna lie my old system sound was better than this.
BASS is weak but sufficient.
CENTER speaker isn't that much crisp as it should be.
Front and surround speakers are good.
You need to increase the level for center and subwoofer output for 2-5dB to sound better.
Surround with TV/Amazon/Netflix works well.
1. Value for money
2. Lots of feature/connectivity option
3. Supports most used video/audio formats
1. BASS is weak and not tight (according to my expectations)
2. Center speaker output is OKish..
3. Youtube works but bit laggy.
4. FIXED SPEAKER WIRES !!! Now this is the thing to look for, if your room size is big and you want to increase wire length, there is no such option ! and if you cut the wire, your warranty gets void. On my old system the speaker wire was open at one end and length can be increased without any hassle. This is flaw in my frank opinion.
Overall I am satisfied as it solves my purpose.
PRO TIP - Calibrate the distance and levels after placing speakers with TEST TONE "ON".
You can ask for any support from my side if needed.