Top positive review
Gillette - Name is enough
19 September 2017
I bought this for Rs 423/- (Razor & 1 attached blade) and following are my observations.
I got a pack which had no seal and was open plus it said "trial pack" on the pack (Refer to attached picture). (SELLER - COSMIXSTORES). However the review & rating is for the product in general and not the particular one i received.
Was using MACH 3 for the last 12-13 years and honestly didn't have any issues with it. Just got bored looking at the same handle everyday so upgraded!!
- Undoubtedly it gives a better shave than Mach 3 and much smoother.
- Flexball is just a sale gimmick is my opinion. Yes the blade tilts at the contours to give a better shave theoritically.
- The lubra strip is much improved.
- The razor feels a bit heavy to my liking. Can be a con for some.
- The grip has certainly improved from the older generations.
- Blade back has a precision trimmer which i have never used honestly.
- All fusion series blades will fit.
- Pack has no holder for the razor unlike MACH 3 which i had bought all those years back.
Cpl of more pointers:
- Keep the blade dry after use. Wipe it with a thick cloth so the blades last much longer.
- Was wondering how to remove the blade. Just press the orange flexball round thing.
VERDICT - A good refreshing change with some subtle improvements. It's good to see Gillette constantly evolving despite being comfortably at top.