Top critical review
1 September 2016
I had been looking for spike and surge protection for my simultaneous usage of laptop charge, printer, speakers, modem/router and phone charge. I had a specific need of individual switches as it offers convenience of just turning on/off whenever you need to use the individual equipment. My search ended with this product.
The product description on Amazon mentions the Master Switch, which is wrong. There is no master switch. There are only individual switches for each of the sockets. The product is directly sold by the GM and I find it surprising that GM guys are so callous about such details. I have attached the pics of the product description which came along with product which details the correct information.
1. The product looks good. No Jazzy design.
2. Has more than enough space between two sockets
3. Has individual push buttons/switches located at the top for all the 4 sockets.
4. The build quality is good and the material used is also of good quality.
5. The sockets are pretty versatile and accommodate different types of plugs.
6. The product has individual red light indicator for each of the sockets to indicate that the power is being supplied.
7. Though the product doesn't talk about Joule's rating, it comes with safety shutdown technology which uses thermal trip to power off the system in case of severe over current. Haven't experienced it so far though as it's just been few days I am using this product.
8. Wall mountable
No negatives as such, however feel that the plastic quality of switches could have been even better. But no complaints.
One of the 4 power supply indicators stopped working within 20 days. I have written to the GM, but the GM has shown no courtesy of even acknowledging and responding to my mail even after a week.
Hope this helps. Thanks.