auto-hp family womens-fashion

on 16 May 2017
i) Are you hurt? or did someone reject you? Or do you think you don't have enough maturity to maintain relationships? or do you just want to understand how relations work?
ii) Do you wonder if there are any so-called 'natural laws' that we must follow in life for things to work better?
iii) Are you really very busy that you cannot manage your time effectively? or do you want to know how to prioritise your activities?
iv) Do you want to know the real meaning of maturity, happiness, love, frustration etc...
v) Do you somehow feel some emptiness in your life or in your relationship despite giving your best?
vi) Do you want to know how to communicate with others in accordance with natural laws?
vii) Do you want to know how to find out what exactly is your mission in life?
viii) Do you want to know what is right or wrong in any given situation etc...
And I can continue the list. No matter what ever may be your problem, I bet you'll find a solution in this book.

→The book has a total of 7 habits:
1. Be proactive
2. Begin with the end in mind
3. Put first things first
4. Think win/win
5. Seek first to understand and then to be understood
6. Synergize
7. Sharpen the saw
The 7 habits are intelligently framed so as to lift a person from dependent stage to independent and then to interdependent.

→What's unique in this book:
1. The principles or laws are excellent. They are the foundation on which this book is written.
2. A broad definition of success.
3. Making us use our four 'unique human endowments' in solving our problems and even while reading this book.
4. There is logic/reason in everything covey says.

1. There are, what covey calls, natural laws or principles that govern us. We have to live in accordance with them.
Example: law- when you love anyone don't put any conditions for that love.
Exp- When you love someone unconditionally you encourage their natural growth process and give them strength. If you attach conditions to that love, the other person wants to prove that he matters as a person independent of you. You put him in a reactive state.
2. Covey stresses that success in one area doesn't mean success in other areas too, as we live in an interdependent reality. If success in one area is enough you would probably isolate yourself from the society and work on it. Can your high profile/salary job do something to your broken relationship in your marriage? He further gives what really success is.
3. Human beings posses four unique human endowments namely: self awareness, imagination, conscience and independent will, which makes us truly unique. Even the most intelligent animals possess none of these.
Covey says you should strive for P/PC balance. The person producing results is called production(P) and the ability of that person to produce results is called production capability (PC). If you concentrate more on P, you will get sick and be unfit for PC or if you concentrate too much on PC you will get no work done.
4. This book is not something which tells you that "do this and suddenly a light will shine upon you and take you into... or do good, be good, let's spread joy...Or do this and something miracle happens and save you bla bla bla ".

→When Covey say something he means it. He follows it throughout the book.
example 1: When your son doesn't agree with what you said, you get him into your way of thinking through threatening or some other thing because you are smarter, stronger and (probably you think) you are RIGHT. You will win. And what about the feelings of your son? Convey says there you stand at the centre of the debris of a shattered relationship, your son being outwardly submissive and inwardly suppressing feelings that would later come in uglier ways. Instead if you ask your son what his problem is and work on a solution wouldn't it be nice?
example 2: What is right in any given situation? Because if you and somebody are in a conflict and if something you think is right to you, it maybe wrong for the other person and vice versa. Here we have to go for win-win solution.

→Suggestions for those who decided to read this book:
1. Don't read this book in one go. Take atleast a week break after studying one habit and apply it in your /college/work in your interaction with others.
2. The first pages (till habit 1 starting) is somewhat boring for beginners. Don't feel your money is wasted after reading few pages. Hold on.
3. Trust those universal principles.
4. Repeat reading this book as many times as possible and every time you will discover something new.

- This book tells you that having a positive attitude is the worst thing you can have in life and justifies it.
- the principles are highly practical that you may start applying them from day-1 itself.
- when i was reading this book, i could hardly wait for a week because each habit filled me with energy and curiosity for further habits to come.
- I also recently found that the contents in this book matches with "Sadhguru's" principles on one dimension. Several positive things happened in my life after I started applying these principles. I became friend with my enemies. I got new friends. Started being much more mature in my relations. Started taking academics seriously. Just to give you an example, one of my old friends with whom I had a falling out, later being friends again after 2 years said "You know you have changed a lot!".

→Final words:
If you have any problem in life, the book is worth reading because you are worth it! See the problems in your life. You have no ill intention towards anyone or anything. You try to be as perfect as possible. Inspite of all this, you will have problems. People hurt you. They just don't understand you. The problems are not because the other person is wrong or you are right. It is just that you don't have sufficient knowledge to deal with yourself and others. Ignorance is okay but not willing to come out of it is not.

Happy reading !
0Comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 November 2017
An extraordinary book that has made paradigm shifts in the world of business. It also has the potential to make paradigm shifts in World politics and personal relationships. A must-read for everyone!
on 21 November 2017
I was amazed by the packaging and quality of this book. Even though I am a regular customer in Amazon, this seller exceeded my expectations
Genuine quality and awesome Book.
on 10 December 2017
Good-bye, Dale Carnegie. Stephen Covey has had a profound influence on my life. His principles are powerful. They work. Buy this book. read it, and as you live the principles your life will be enriched.
on 11 November 2017
A must read for everyone. It emphasis on character development instead of personality development and the way all the people around have different paradigms to different things around us...... Great book.
on 13 August 2017
I will recommend this book to my friends
on 20 January 2017
This is one of the best books I have ever read till date. It has helped me a lot to change my character and personality, and I read this book every day to stay motivated, inspired and consistent.
on 14 May 2017
its in best price and u must read this book in your life. its an inspirational book.... quality is also good and fast delivery by amazon......
on 20 April 2017
Very thought provoking.
on 25 May 2017
The book is a bestseller, no doubt...but I have issues with the binding of the book. Pages have started coming out,though it has been just 2 days post delivery.