Top positive review
I cannot think for any other brand when it comes for Steam Iron Box
20 June 2017
I have been using Philips Streamline (1200-Watt Nonstick Soleplate) steam iron box since 2001 (16 solid years ! ) . It was brutally used very rough by my friends in college hostel. It works atleast for 5 hours a day for 4 complete years. I'm still using this iron box, without any quality issues. Since my wife got bored with this iron box, I had to go for the new one (Philips GC1920 1440-Watt Nonstick Soleplate).
1. Extended life. You will have no reason to change this iron box, unless if you are bored. They lasts for decades.
2. Thermostat Quality : Any iron box has one critical component. The thermostat. Philips is ultimate. Even after 16 years, I could hear a clear click
sound when the thermostat opens or closes. The sturdy thermostat is everything in an Iron Box.
3. Steam quality : It is capable of Ironing my Jeans to a wrinkle free flat, in no time. I love this iron box mostly for this reason. Even a professional
laundry person cannot give such a good result without burning the cloth.
4. Moulded 3 pin connector plug: The next vital challenge of an Iron box is the 3 pin plug. Whenever you take your iron box for ironing, the 3 pin plug will fall over the floor atleast 9 times in 10 attempts. A regular pin will break in this case within months. But this brand's connector pin lasted for 16 years of rough usage... It is still working without a single crack.
All these quality made me to buy a product again from the same brand.
1. The wire (power cord) twists every time when we use it. Every brand has this challenge. It is upto us to learn and keep it in proper shape. Once it twists, have my word, you will have a wire short circuit failure in the wire shortly. Learn how to use without twisting it.