auto-hp family

on 26 December 2017
This book should come under fiction category. Yes it is really interesting but not at all realted to spirituality and more over its a hindarence too. It seems in most parts of the book, author wrote his dreams as reality.

I wonder even though he met and lived with great person Jiddu Krishnamurti, he still wrote this book which involves no connection to spirituality and so many fictions like meeting lord shiva along with jesus, nanak and his guru at kailash? He heard sounds like bhum bhum of shivas damaruku? come on!
At last he is warning people no one should claim as my spiritual descendent until i choose one. This clearly shows he want some followers who dedicate their lives an look for his approval as his decendent.

Read this book for fun but dont take it seriously.
on 14 January 2015
A very useful perspective on religion. There is only one truth, though the wise men know it as many. The closer you get to this unity realization, the fewer problems one has with life. For those who are looking for a similar book, please read Venerable Acariya Mun Bhuridatta Thera, A Spiritual Biography by Acariya Maha Boowa Nanasampanno

Free pdf: http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/acariya-mun.pdf

on 18 July 2017
I am yet to finish the book so perhaps it's a little too early to pass a judgement. Consider my review valid for the first 33 chapters. The style of writing is lucid and fast paced. So even though the author speaks about his own experiences, both in his childhood and in the beginning of his life as a yogi, the book does not drag or bore in anyway. The book can truly spark a genuine interest in spirituality, if the reader is not spiritually inclined already.
As for mind boggling truths and revelations, perhaps they truly cannot be painted with ink on the pages of a book. You have to embark on your own journey to find them. What you can find in this book, is the drive to find the truth.
on 11 September 2017
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Divinity should be experienced to understand. Same as temperature, experienced by everyone, is not the same throughout. So is divinity. I have no particular interest in autobiographies and would have found that sri 'M's too is a stereotype of many such. But as a traveller on the path of spirituality i understood that an autobiography is not just a person's experience for the curious but deep inside it contains messages which even the author might not have considered significant as humans have different levels of perception as directed by god. To be precise i was reading Paramahamsa Yogananda's, ' Autobiography of a yogi' and had trouble understanding his perspectives when i had this immense urge to buy sri M's book. I read the 329 page book in as little time a possible then continued with Yogananda's and found that it became more lucid than earlier. This was because the message that was being conveyed to me became more channelized in line with my level of perception. The book is expressed in lucid common man's parlance and cognition so that a spiritual traveller can identify with sri M's experience of the divine omnipotent.
on 30 March 2017
This book is a gem, a guide, one of the best gifts you can bestow on yourself and others and is like a guru. Read this and do yourself a favor. I thank Sri Guru and Balaji for bringing me to this book and I thank Guru M for such a wonderful and life bending work. May the good and holy Grace of Sri Guru be with you. Read this and gift the joy to others.
on 9 March 2015
One of the best autobiographies i read. Whether there are unbelievable/ superstitious incidents or not, treat it as the experience of the author. In this universe, there are many things we are unaware of. As per my point of view, this book provides an insight to spiritual life and the ecstasy of spirituality. This covers some unknown experiences as well.
on 31 July 2017
Although the book is an autobiography, the incidents quoted seem fictional at times. Like the author has said, whether you believe it or not is not a question but I'm definitely drifted towards spirituality after this book.
The way I came across this book is also interesting. I saw a random girl reading a hard bound copy of this book in metro and sneak peaked into the title and started reading it on my Kindle. May be I was destined to read this!
on 25 September 2017
An interesting book. I learnt many things from this book which I would have never come across. I liked the practical and simple manner in which Sri M tells us about his life experiences. Still I sometimes find it difficult to believe some of them.
on 27 December 2017
Very Divine book where you get the Blessings of the "Maha Avatar Babaji" and Higher Energies while reading this book and after. This beautifully and discreetly weaved Biography by Sri M is a proof that all Spiritual miracles exist and if we practice meditation/yoga we will be able to ascend to the higher levels of consciousness and can see the spiritual realms as narrated by the author in his astral travels. The Sequel to this book "The Journey Continues" is another treat for the spiritual people.
on 23 October 2017
Bought a kindle edition of this book on an impulse. But it turned out to be a fascinating, rather astounding tale of adventure of the spiritual kind. For an average middle class Indian growing up at about the same period as the author, I find it hard to conceive how a fellow middle class Indian could have led a life as adventurous as this. Worth a read by anyone who, like me, has struggled with faith.