auto-hp family

on 30 March 2017
I love mysteries. And I got my new favourite author. I read this book when I was 17. My 12th grade English teacher recommended it. As I am an ardent reader I usually predict the climax of most books. But as for this book.. I couldn't. It hooks you up till the very last page. All in all a great read.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 August 2017
What can i say i love mystery novels and this one is surely one i enjoyed so the story :-

The premise, I am sure you know, is this: ten people end up cut off from the world on a tiny island. One of them is a murderer and people keep dying as in the nursery rhyme. Every person on the island has a secret and is guilty of a murder. It's the kind of murder where law is helpless. Nothing can be proven. This is why they found themselves on that island, at the mercy of a prototype 'Jigsaw' madman who decided justice must be done.

The premise requires the structure of the novel to be very organised and clean cut. I felt that it was only right for me to approach the reading of it in an equally disciplined way. I took five sheets of papers and divide each in half, thus ending up with ten cards, one for each character.

I grew to like two of the characters - the sentiment, I think, I shared with Christie as she liked them so, she killed them last.

This was my second Christie, and the first proper one. The first one I read was a bit of a mishap spy novel, so Christie's brilliance wasn't as apparent as it was in 'And Then There Were none .

Verdict :-
And Then There Were None is a grim but riveting mystery. One of the darkest aspects of the novel is the fact there's no "good guy" here -- all of the characters appear equally guilty in more ways than one. This is an exciting book -- however grisly -- that is to be enjoyed for its page-turning plot and Christie's masterful construction around the spooky nursery rhyme.
FYI i brough 2 more books in bundle i find them best my mystery late night shopping lol
review image
on 19 August 2017
This gorgeous facsimile edition by Harpercollins India does justice to this masterpiece by Agatha Christie. The typeset and cover looks great which adds to the reading experience. I am a Poirot fan and haven't really tried any other books by the author, but this one has urged me to impulse buy all of them. 10 people gather at an island that's far off from the mainland only accessible by a boat. All of them are invited by a mysterious person; and then the ten little soldiers die one by one, each death crazier than the next. Who is this UNKNOWN and where is he hiding? How are the people being killed?And who is removing the tiny soldiers from the table? this book is unputdownable with a great ending. Agatha Christie manages to trash every theory and guesses I make while reading, and being bested by the author is a treat.
on 1 July 2017
The edition was brilliant as expected.

Book review :

I think I had placed my expectations too high on this book before I'd started it. Hence the four-star rating.

Compelling narration, very tense and scary in the second half of the book. I did not like the significantly italicized sentences all over the book. Ms Christie exhibits that thread which seems to unravel several corners of the book when it starts getting pulled, but then ends up unravelling a totally unexpected row of stitches!

I loved that one-sitting read which the book begged for! That's the most important part of this genre, as far as I know.
on 24 May 2017
Agatha Christie!!!! "The Queen of Crime"
About The Book - And then there were none..The idea of writing a book from a nursery poem is unbelievable...This book is for sure a page turner..You will keep guessing who is the murderer.. Although before buying it i saw a review and it spoiled the name of the killer..Still i thought of reading it.The way she describes the scene is incredible...I bought Murder on the Orient express immediately after reading this...

Quality of the book - The cover of the book was thin and delicate compared to the same book that i saw at CROSSWORD...But it's price was nearly 50-70₹ more than that of Amazon
on 18 July 2017
This is my third Agatha Christie book. 'And Then There Were None' is considered to be the masterpiece and the most successful novel by Agatha Christie. I did had some expectations set on this book after reading two of her books earlier. And i have to say that this was an amazing experience. Such a great plot, to keep the reader hooked and keep guessing the culprit. It was a easy and interesting read, the writing so smooth and precise , the plot keeping the reader engaged, with no un-necessary stuffs.
The story begins with eight strangers being invited to an isolated island called the Soldier Island under different pretext. None of them have ever met their host and when these reach the Soldier Island, their hosts, Mr. and Mrs. Owen, are not present to receive them. Instead they are greeted by the butler and his wife. The huge mansion, is well furnished and is stocked with all the things required for these guests. All these people, at some point in their life, were guilty of such act that resulted in the death of some person. These were such actions - cases of deliberate murder - and all quite untouchable by the law.
This person knows about the dark secrets of these guests. And there is this old nursery thyme framed and mounted on the walls of all the bedrooms. And all the murders are committed in the same order following this rhyme. First killing is considered as an suicide. But as the killings proceeds, it becomes clear that there is a person with a well planned agenda to commit there murders. But who is he/she? And what is the motive? These ten people are now stuck in this isolated island. There is no chance to escape from here. The characters keep guessing, as the suspicion moves from one person to another. As the suspicion becomes strong on a particular person, that person is murdered. So again the guessing game begin with the persons left alive. After the end of novel, it's difficult to find who is the person behind all there murders and why would someone want to kill these guests for the crime that are now forgotten and could not even be proved guilty for committing these crimes.
This is one enthralling mystery that will keep you hooked. You will find answers to all your questions only after reading the manuscript document at the end of the story.
"When the sea goes down, there will come from the mainland boats and men. And they will find ten dead bodies and an unsolved problem on Soldier Island."
on 18 December 2017
This was my second Agatha Christie book.
I know a bit late to the wagon but hey I got here.
It was a bit slow in the beginning which I'm thinking is a bit of trend with the books but it really picked up after about 100-150 pages and it really surprises you. At least it surprised me which has very rarely occurred.
Would recommend it as a short travel read. Makes the journey more interesting.
As for the physical product itself the book arrived on time and was maybe slightly damaged.
I'm talking very slight like the top of the book was a little dusty and old but otherwise a good deal for a good price.
on 28 December 2017
Riveting, grippy thriller. This is the first of many am gonna read from this phenomenal author. Loved every bit of it, I see many of them commenting this to be a slow start.. It's true and that's what gets you involved in the plot. You feel you are there with the murder and to achieve that you will have to talk intricate details. That is called character build up and its absolutely required in a murder mystery.

The signoff is as detailed and grippy as the start and I was absolutely floored.

Just remember if the start is flamboyant, surely you will love to read for the start, but you will feel the drag midway and if the closure is any less flashy you will feel disappointed and in most cases you will love moments but hate the novel.

While in this one, it is rightly paced and when it hits you, hits you real hard. I read this almost a couple of weeks ago, but my memory is fresh and still visualize the happening.

This is THE best mystery novel out there
on 25 December 2017
I read the book recently after someone had commented that this is the best book of Agatha Christie. But to be honest this book fell short of expectations. For these kind of stories where people are brought to a distant place and people die one by one, the way people die should also be intriguing. In this book the way people die is just too simple. Also everything works according to plan of killer . Surely no one can guess who is the killer and in these type of stories it is impossible to guess the killer. Even in the end when the killer reveals himself ,it is not completely satisfactory explanation.
I would suggest everyone to read "Murder on Orient Express". That is so much better than this book. Also has best and most satisfying ending possible. Also her other Hercule Poirot books are wort reading
on 4 October 2017
This is a fabulously amazing novel. Any amount of adjectives that I put would be less. I personally love to read crime and mystery genres but I would recommend this to must read. The novel is only 317 pages long so if you're a slow reader you need not worry.
The quality of pages is also good. Amazon sends a bookmark as well with the books.
Must buy!!!